Skyline Drive

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
I have lived in Virginia for about 11 years, finally decided to check out Skline Drive (less than hour and a half away). Temp was about 50 degrees and overcast,not much traffic. Busa loved the twisty roads and steep grade.

I entered the drive at midpoint (Highway 33, Swift run gap entrance). I went north about 25 miles to the highest elevation on the drive (3680ft.)
Here's a few pics along my route, hope you enjoy.

SideView.jpg

thanks for the pics! sure wish we could ride here right now (dusting of snow last night)

Thanks for the pics...Iim, georgia_busa05, and I are planning to ride Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive this year.

Hey Tim if you happen to see this post Sherry says she will follow us in the van on this trip and to the MNG in Eureka Springs.

Nice pics...did you many cops up there?
This time of year is very much the "off season", concessions, etc are closed. I would go 5-10 minutes before seeing another car. Never saw any police. I did have one 12 pointer buck in the middle of the road at one point, but he moved on as soon as he saw me.

I think I might have gone over the 35mph limit, once or twice
wowold.gif

I understand they are usually pretty tough on speeders.

Sweet!!! I'm so glad to see others gettin' out even though the weather's not the greatest!

Hard core!

Thanks for sharing the pix. Gorgeous bike, BTW.

Scar

Thanks for the pics...Iim, georgia_busa05, and I are planning to ride Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive this year.

Hey Tim if you happen to see this post Sherry says she will follow us in the van on this trip and to the MNG in Eureka Springs.
cool, lugage hauler and pictuer taker.

Nice pics. Cant wait to do that ride. thanks for the pics.

nice pics Robot.. we are planning to go up and do that ride in May this year, looks like a good place to ride, can`t wait to get up there...
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

We did skyline as our 1st long run weekend on the bikes when we got them....great ride but alot of traffic (Memorial weekend 06)

Back