New Pit Bull Trailer stand

Here is a shot of the flush mounts.

post_6_50078_CIMG2987__Small_.jpg

They are available from Baxley for like $30 for two, but I made my own out of 1/4" X 2" wide steel plate. Drilled two floor mounting holes with countersink, and used a tap to put threads in the chock mounting hole. I used the same mounts for my stands.

post_6_50642_CIMG3004__Small_.jpg

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
dangerous dave @ Jan. 05 2008 said:
1267611[/ATTACH] PM]
i dont understand the need for these fancy expensive gizzmos to haul a bike. Marketing I guess.
Tie down straps have never failed me .
some bikes do not lend themselves to straps very well (Busa is good example) They tear up paint, plastic etc.. I can also attest to suspension issues from tying down bikes.  Seals start to leak, springs do not come back all the way for a bit, etc.  I would prefer not to "Load" the bikes suspension for extended periods myself.

I like the Baxley chock as it stops the "fore/aft" movement of the bike and after seeing it put to use in Hals "Busa Hospital" and a pair of straps stabilize the right/left movement without pulling the bike suspension down..  

The PB rear looks to be a very similar (albeit different) approach that appears to be really pretty nice but it is a "single" point attachement system that if it fails, you are screwed..  

With Hal's trailer setup you have 3 points (chock, left, right strap) and the Baxley looks like it would be all but failsafe except in all but the worse situation (crash)  

I have not seen the PB in person but it needs to be idiot proof and immune to operator error (I think Baxley fits this pretty close) Would really like to see one installed in person
If you want to see one in person I will have mine in Indy this weekend (Jan. 19 and 20) at the Indiana State Museum for the "Gathering before the Green Flag" event. 9 to 5 on Sat. and 11 to 5 on Sun. The second floor of the museum will be all bikes (including mine
cool.gif
).

zzwhip.gif

If you want to see one in person I will have mine in Indy this weekend (Jan. 19 and 20) at the Indiana State Museum for the "Gathering before the Green Flag" event. 9 to 5 on Sat. and 11 to 5 on Sun. The second floor of the museum will be all bikes (including mine
cool.gif
).

Hey milesbm,

Im interested in knowing how your experience has been with the pitbull trailer restraints. I know there was some concern on having a "single point" restraint and driving your trailer through a bumpy road. How did/has it been holding up in your opinion/experience.

After reading this whole thread im seriously between getting the pitbull or the baxley and using 2 straps(like GSXcite)

If you can swing the extra coin, get the pitbull. :thumbsup:

you can add extra mounting plates for $35.

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

Last edited:
I have 50,000 mile of use with this system for my busa. I will never look at anything else. This thing never moves. And its a snap to load by yourself.

If you can swing the extra coin, get the pitbull. :thumbsup:

you can add extra mounting plates for $35.

I want to get my 4x4 set up to transport my busa. What did you need to do to your truck? What kind of ramp do you use? My truck is lifted a few inches so I wonder if this might be a problem.

the4x4.jpg

the4x4a.jpg

It can't be that bad to get it in there. My bike came home in the back of this last year!! Find you a big hill!!!!

083.jpg

Ive trailored the busa 30,000 miles with the pitbull i load in myself in 2 min. Ill never go any other way. The bike does not move.

Back