NOS questions

Rich

Registered
I was wanting to run a 40 shot on the bus. I was planning on running a Dry kit, with the 2 dial progressive controller from schnitz racing and then I am also going to get a pcIIIr along with it. Does anyone know of a place that has really good prices on the NOS kits? Schnitz seems kind of high. Also with the "kit" does that have EVERYTHING that you need to install it or is there anything else that you would have to buy to install it?? I also plan on getting a full throttle switch for it. Antoher question was about placement of the NOS bottle. I have seen a pic on the board where someone had put the bottle on the right side of the subframe under the tail fairing. Well there is something there right now is it ok to disconnect that andwhat is it, I see that it connects to the gas tank, is that some sort of pres. release or something. Thanks in advance.
Rich

i personly found shnitz price is cheaper than alot of people. the dry kit is complete, the only thing you will need is a NOS gauge. you can mounted on the right side of the subframe. i have my air shifter bottle mounted there & it works really good. there is nothing there to disconnect. i have my NOS bottole on my extended swingarm.

You may find Schnitz a little higher then some places, however they back their products and have very good customer service. Remember the posts about buying cheap sometimes?? Few dollars are not worth it, plus Schnitz will give you all the setup advice you need.

Ya I hear ya NE I am talking to Johnny Cheese right now about that. BBB I have a Ca model there is a charcoal canister there to disconnect. I have already found out about that. I am going to put the NOS bottle on the right side and the air shifter bottle on the left side. I am getting the pcIIIr from JC so I figured I will just get the NOS kit from him as well. He said he could build a kit for cheaper than you can buy a kit for. Plus he is on the board. Thanks for the info guys. BBB could you post some pics of the Airshifter bottle and the NOS bottle? Thanks again.

Rich,

#1. Go with the Schnitz kit that has the braided steel hose, instead of the black plastic line.

#2. Go with the 2lb bottle, NOT the 1lb.
You will run out WAY to often with the small bottle!!!

DRY3008-2# NOS Nitrous Dry Kit w/2# Bottle $359.95

#3. The Schnitz DCS-101 is the perfect controller for the dry kit.

#4. Remove the syphon tube and store the bottle in the hump.
Turn the bottle around and it fits perfectly.

#5. Mount the solinoid in the trunk. It's a softer "hit" when you get on it. Controllable power is much better than uncontrollable power!

#6. You WILL need some sort of shifter. If it's gonna be used mainly on the street, I would suggest a Holeshot Performance PSII. Reason being is. You just foot activate it and never have to worry about the air tank being full. They are lightning fast too! GET the BARREL TRIGGER OPTION!!! It's worth the extra money!!

http://www.holeshot.com/

#7. You will need a small airbox mod and this nitrous nozzle plate, to go in the bottom of the air box. It costs $50 and is WELL worth the $$$.
I may have 1 left over. If not, I can get you hooked up with the guy that makes them.

#8. If money allows, go with the Yosh EMS instead of the PCIIR. They are made by the same people, BUT the Yosh has an option to have 3 different maps stored. You can use 1 for the motor, and 1 for the more richened nitrous map.

I believe that JohnnyCheese may be able to get that cheaper for ya. He's a PCIIIR dealer also.

If you go with the Yosh. You can retard the timing in the second map, for the nitrous. If you go with the PCIIIR, you will need 1 of these units, to retard the timing while ON the nitrous, only.

If you have questions, please ask. It's better to find out before, than to hurt a motor and find out after it's too late.

Rich,
We we're posting at the same time. I was trying to upload a picture for ya, but it ain't workin.
devil.gif

check out www.a-jperformance.com

they have a DUAL nozzle setup, one goes in each ram air tube, makes about 60hp total. they also have a box that comes with the kit that can automatically add fuel and subtract timing, as well as control which gear it will come on at, and at which throttle positions... its also fairly well priced, check it out....

http://www.a-jperformance.com/product.asp?3=57

Call Joe and he will talk to you about it all you want.. his number is on the contact us page...

Thanks Sleeper. I already have the airbox mod and the nitrous plate. That is the kit that I was looking at, I guess that I will go with the 2# bottle. I am actually talking to JC about the PCIIIR and him putting the NOS kit together for me. That is the controller that he recommended to me as well. I am also going with a full throttle switch.

Don't install the nozzle in the ram air tube.
It'll feed 2 cylinders more than the other 2.
Sleeper, in a attempt not to hole up your airbox would you be able to mount that plate on your air filter cover? figured this may be a good move if you ever had thoughts of pullin' the system and wanted no visible traces of it ever being there.

Hey Grab,
It's designed to fit in an existing hole.
Remove the valve that opens and closes the flapper valve, it fits right there.
If you have a small box mod, it's prolly already removed. If not, remove it and just plug the vacuum hose that was attached to the valve.
Never mind the cheap screws. I was just mocking it up.

DSC01987.JPG

Rich, I am very dissapointed in myself. As much as I take pictures, that is 1 thing that I didn't seem to get alot of.
Here's what I did get.

DSC01548.JPG

I had to cut the plastic JUUUUUST right, so that the bottle "bulge" would slide right thru. It's a tight fit. It don't move!

DSC01550.JPG

You gotta do a little fancy footwork with the line.
As long as it's not pinched, it's ok.
If you point the nozzle towards the stacks, you gotta use a 90degree fitting on the hose. It'll hit the valve cover and the box won't go down, with a straight.
If you point the nozzle towards the front of the box, you can use a straight fitting,but you have to mount the plate inside the box, like I have it in the above picture.
I would recommend the small box mod towards the stacks and a big box mod to point it towards the front.

DSC01988.JPG

Thanks for the pics. I have that hump plastic from you anyways. So I might as well just go with the 2lb bottle. Then I will just put the airshifter bottle on the side under the fairing.

Back