Tire Woes

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Plan is to take the tires to the center, come back and get the bike.

Miles: 20
Access Roads
Under 50 mph
Full Gear

I would rather not remove the rear wheel or trailer.
What you think?

th_IMG_0707_editedSmall__Medium_.jpg

I think you should have had it changed a couple of hundred miles ago.
I would take the wheel off. It's alot cheaper.

I wouldn't do it. I would pull the rear wheel and take it to them. Don't chance it, Bro.

Let me start by saying I would have taken it in earlier. That being irrelevant in your situation I would ride a very slow 20 miles to the shop.

Even though I perform all of my everyday maintenance (oil changes, clean/adjust chain, etc.) I don't know how to remove the wheels and I certainly don't want to chance fugging up my brakes! I'll leave it to those that know better.

Snap I am with Gunny on this Bro don't risk it just remove the rear and take it to the Shop not worth risking wading the Bike and possibly hurting yourself
beerchug.gif

OK. She's on a trailer and I'm off. Wasn't sure if the trailer would come through or not.

For the record... She had some wear but didn't start wrinkling or splitting until well into our group ride on Sunday. We literally watched it fall apart over 100 miles. Fastest it has ever happened to me... of course that one stretch when I let her fly probably did not help matters.

Thanks again for suggestions/comments.
beerchug.gif

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 19 2007,08:43) Let me start by saying I would have taken it in earlier.  That being irrelevant in your situation I would ride a very slow 20 miles to the shop.  

Even though I perform all of my everyday maintenance (oil changes, clean/adjust chain, etc.) I don't know how to remove the wheels and I certainly don't want to chance fugging up my brakes!  I'll leave it to those that know better.
OE It's easy to do your own tires, I show you some time
wink.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 19 2007,09:13)
(Over_Easy @ Sep. 19 2007,08:43) Let me start by saying I would have taken it in earlier.  That being irrelevant in your situation I would ride a very slow 20 miles to the shop.  

Even though I perform all of my everyday maintenance (oil changes, clean/adjust chain, etc.) I don't know how to remove the wheels and I certainly don't want to chance fugging up my brakes!  I'll leave it to those that know better.
wink.gif
Actually, all I would need is someone to show me how step by step, what to llok out for and waht mistakes not to make so I would know what the hell I'm doing.

My last tire purchase for f/r Dunlop Qs was only $249 + tax but included install...so even if I had known how to pull/install the wheels I still would have taken it in.

But I'd still like to know how for other future maintenance needs where I would need to remove it.

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 19 2007,09:19)
(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 19 2007,09:13)

wink.gif
Actually, all I would need is someone to show me how step by step, what to llok out for and waht mistakes not to make so I would know what the hell I'm doing.

My last tire purchase for f/r Dunlop Qs was only $249 + tax but included install...so even if I had known how to pull/install the wheels I still would have taken it in.

But I'd still like to know how for other future maintenance needs where I would need to remove it.
I do it about once a month, I'll do a walk through next time.

Back