From Drag racer to Sport tourer in $400

beerchug.gif
Thanks for sharing your adventure! I'm only 100 miles from the Dragon myself... great place!

Guys, in case you did not figure it, Semper Fi is John, he is the one who planned the trip and the Sweetwater, TN destination.

John, Just send them all, some of mine may not be as good as yours, I will sort though them...

We are already talking about next years trip, lol!!!
super.gif

Great writeup and pictures! Thanks! The BBQ at the Crossing rules. Great food and staff.

Looks like a great ride.

About that transport you saw. Usually they are used for very heavy loads and are to distribute the weight over a larger area. We had used one to transport a reactor vessel head. Looks like that had a different load.

Thanks for the Pics glad you guys had a great trip.
I plan on going to the Gap this fall will be my first time.

Awesome write-up!!! Great advice for anyone that hasn't been there yet and great shots from the trip
bowdown.gif

It's a great place to go for those that haven't been there yet...going back as soon as I can! Glad everyone's okay and made it home safely...
super.gif

Nice ride and beautiful countyside.. so much greener than our dry So. Cal.
Thanks for the pics.

It was Great meeting the 3 of you at the BBQ on the skyway. I never noticed it when we took the picture but we should have had the waitress hold the sign a little lower
wink.gif

Just to clarify we actually came in from the Toronto area, and after 7 days on the road we finally broke down and got a map to get us home. Basically we spent 8 days heading south and 2 days to get back home!

And for the record...i do not recomend a first time run of the dragon at midnight with the bikes packed full of gear!

Happy to hear you made it home ok: here are a few shots from our trip:

8mississippicamping2.jpg

5reelinhimin.jpg

5cheraholaroadhousefriends.jpg

Here is a link to my ride report:

Thanks for sharing the great story and pic's. I'm tring to get to the Gap some time this year. Great job for helping out that other rider. Glade to hear you had such a great time.
beerchug.gif

Back