Anyone use a chain for security?

BangkokBusa

Registered
I am looking to buy a chain for my new '84 Ninja (I'm getting a busa soon!) Is this a good idea, or would a Scorpio alarm be sufficient. A RoadLoc would not work on this bike,

Thanks

Kurt

I have a Road loc which I bought from Rubber 2 Burn; it is a great lock when you are on the road. A Scorpio Alarm system. For home, I use the biggest chain and lock from Kryptonite and a ground anchor plus a front disc lock

I beat someone with a chain,,, once!!
laugh.gif

Just kidding!

No I'm not
Yes I am
No I'm not
Yes I am

crazy.gif

I have a 30ft. 3/4" Kryptonite cable and a Titanium shrouded padlock. Completely uncutable for any average set of bolt cutters. Plasma torch yea...ok... I also have a Kevlar lined, non cuttable/slashable Bike cover with a smaller Kryponite lock that ties underneath the bike.
Since statistics show 85% of ALL bikes taken are just dumped right into the back of a pickup truck, you need to tie your bike to something solid.
This with a Scorpion or LoJack system and you shouldn't have any issues.
If you live in a big, high crime complex and have to park you bike in the open, outside, you need every layer of defense.
Take the time, spend the money and you'll never have issues

Luv- Thanks again. The area I'm in is nice, but you never no. Opportunists everywhere!

I think I'll buy a chain and the scorpio to be safe. Cheers!

Kurt

I use a 3/4" Kryptonite cable, and it's worked for me for YEARS ! Ya just got to accept the fact that if they want it, they got it . No matter what you do, it will only prevent the unskilled, poorly trained, LAZY, Human Debre  
all_coholic.gif
from stealing your bike. That's what you buy Insurance for  
beerchug.gif

Back