BOBCAT COLLISION

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
OK your not going to believe this, but if any of you saw my post about the mountain lion the other day, this answers my question

Today bright and early I was to lead a ride over to the coast for a little fun on a road called Skaggs Spings Road it is 47 miles of twisties with no other cross roads and plenty fun
jump9.gif
you NorCal guys will no it, anyhow we did about 350 miles today (i say about because im to friggin' tired to go look at the clock) anyways, it was a nice day with sunshine and cool temps, but windy

we split at 7:45 for the coast but forgot that Nascar was at Infineon so we hit some headaches before we got to coast HWY1

long story short, as we neared the end of Skaggs I was leading going about 60mph when out of no where this BIG A$$ bobcat sprints from the side of the road and leaps from the edge of the road and lands on the back of my bike somewhere around the tire and pipe and it shoves me off the road towards a embankment and i barley saved it.......
eek2.gif

I took pics cause i thought no one would believe me the guys behind me were shocked and couldn't believe what they saw

I stopped and took some pics but felt horrible about it the cat just laid there in the road and squirmed and i just felt terrible after about 3 minuets the cat got up and went in circles and i thought it was suffering and dying
sad.gif

so i found a piece of wood and helped him of the road so he wouldn't get hit again once he was in the shade, about 5 minuets latter he suddenly got the wild cat eye look and bolted then i felt better cause he seemed like he would be ok

and the answer is no more mountain-bike rides on that trail anymore

well anyhow here are few pics

bobcat_6_2307_skaggs_springs_01__2_.jpg

we stopped and hit the Dog House for some grub its at Bodega Bay on HWY1
smile.gif

bobcat_6_2307_skaggs_springs_04__2_.jpg

you should put it on your shoulders to snap a pic or two...

poor little kitty..... I hope it will be OK. You took only one life, 8 to go...

i just felt so bad and i know he looks mangled but realy he finally jumped up and and made a break he looked a bit swollen on his right check but when he ran off he looked ok
smile.gif

bobcat_6_2307_skaggs_springs_25__2_.jpg

Back