Body Position

Somebody1010

Donating Member
Registered
Im still "new" to the track scene, i only have 6 TD's under my belt and i am working on my body position. So everyone let me know what i could work on... This is not on the busa but im just needing input. I think its is dicent but i could get my body hanging off more.
BEFORE: (1st track day)
msrh0127a.jpg

AFTER: (Last TD)
msrzx6b.jpg

msrzx6a.jpg

The only thing I see is your upper body could be lower.  From what I've read and heard, the upper body makes more of a difference than the lower body.  But body position is widely varied, just look at motogp riders.

Here's a pic of massive leaner Hopkins, notice his arms.  Look at your arms and they tell the story of how low you have your upper body.

But then look at my sig line and notice that Nicky doesn't lean off nearly as much. But notice how much lower Nicky's helmet is to the gas tank. Getting that upper body down is the key.

qp.jpg

...well nest track day i think i will start thinking to "keep my chin on the tank" i like to over exaggerate my thoughts as actions will not be as excessive. I will have some pics in 2 weeks as im prolly going to start racing next season so i want to get as close to perfect as i can. I have been working on getting lower a to keep the center of gravity lower but im still fairly new and have time.

You are off to one heck of a start!
super.gif
Practice makes perfect. Not that there is such a thing but strive for it we must!!

(BusaBret @ Jun. 04 2007,01:21) You are off to one heck of a start!
super.gif
Practice makes perfect. Not that there is such a thing but strive for it we must!!
Or as Wayne Gretzsky said "Perfect pratcice makes perfect" and thats what im going for.

I like the bobo Marcinko version better........7p principle.....plenty of prior practice prevents piss poor performance. I think that's how it goes any way!

cool man, looks good. you're on the edge of your tires, nooo chicken strips.

good comparo pics.

Looks good the only thing I see is what has already been said - lay  
beerchug.gif
lower across the tank - I have the same problem

Elbow should be pointed at ground, this will force your body over more.

(BusaBret @ Jun. 03 2007,23:51) I like the bobo Marcinko version better........7p principle.....plenty of prior practice prevents piss poor performance. I think that's how it goes any way!
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance, and the Marines said it long before some squid!

Kiss the mirror... or pretend you are going to kiss the inside mirror, that will get you down low and leaning into the corner. The upper torso has more influence because it's higher center of gravity.

Need to relax, recommend steering to be done by the inside arm and the outside arm should be nice and relaxed. The outside arm should basically be resting on the tank. But riding styles vary from person to person.

But who am I to give advice, like you I'm trying to learn.

P4072674.jpg

P4072533.jpg

P4073442.jpg

070511BM-851.jpg

Oh forgot to mention, also drop your inside shoulder down, I don't know how to explain it but it's like popping your shoulder down.

One more picture. I have lots to work on too.

P4073194.jpg

070318-20114.jpg

(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 04 2007,01:09) The only thing I see is your upper body could be lower. From what I've read and heard, the upper body makes more of a difference than the lower body. But body position is widely varied, just look at motogp riders.

Here's a pic of massive leaner Hopkins, notice his arms. Look at your arms and they tell the story of how low you have your upper body.

But then look at my sig line and notice that Nicky doesn't lean off nearly as much. But notice how much lower Nicky's helmet is to the gas tank. Getting that upper body down is the key.
Damn man, Nicky gets his helmet on the tank, but Hopkins gets his down BESIDE the tank!!!
SHOCKED.gif

I think when he was a kid he watched western movies where the cowboy hid on the other side of the horse he was riding so the Indians didn't shoot him!
laugh.gif

If Kenny Roberts invented knee pucks, Hopkins might need to invent elbow pucks!

+1 to what Charlesbusa said.

I did the Keith Code school last week (Level I and II), and getting your upper body more on the inside is key. And the inside arm should be at a 90 degree angle.

(Shibumi @ Jun. 04 2007,22:flamethrowing:)
(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 04 2007,01:09) The only thing I see is your upper body could be lower.  From what I've read and heard, the upper body makes more of a difference than the lower body.  But body position is widely varied, just look at motogp riders.

Here's a pic of massive leaner Hopkins, notice his arms.  Look at your arms and they tell the story of how low you have your upper body.

But then look at my sig line and notice that Nicky doesn't lean off nearly as much.  But notice how much lower Nicky's helmet is to the gas tank.  Getting that upper body down is the key.
Damn man, Nicky gets his helmet on the tank, but Hopkins gets his down BESIDE the tank!!!  
SHOCKED.gif

I think when he was a kid he watched western movies where the cowboy hid on the other side of the horse he was riding so the Indians didn't shoot him!  
laugh.gif

ShowImageg.jpg

(Powers739 @ Jun. 04 2007,21:48)
(Shibumi @ Jun. 04 2007,22
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 04 2007,01:09) The only thing I see is your upper body could be lower. From what I've read and heard, the upper body makes more of a difference than the lower body. But body position is widely varied, just look at motogp riders.

Here's a pic of massive leaner Hopkins, notice his arms. Look at your arms and they tell the story of how low you have your upper body.

SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif

ShowImageg.jpg
Great shot!

HE was a pissed-off puppy Sunday- punching out lockers and stuff in the garage...
mad.gif
mad.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

mad.gif

pissed.gif

Back