Carbon front fender installed

(heavybusa @ Mar. 23 2007,18:03) Looks good! Someone needs a new stator cover.
Someone needs to get that tin pop metal junk off of their bike!

I can't believe Busa riders are still going into corners heavy (like the Dragon) and not having more protection.

Have you ever seen a stator coil and crank bolt ground down after a low side?

Not worth it, let me tell ya!

Buy one of these for $180.00. Cheap insurance. Replaceable puck, too!  
super.gif

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=12843

UR
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

(Cookie @ Mar. 24 2007,16:42)

I can't believe Busa riders are still going into corners heavy (like the Dragon) and not having more protection.

super.gif

UR
Thanks for the tought Cookie! I might actually get one of those... Maybe black with red "slider"...

Good idea!!

(_ZeF @ Mar. 24 2007,10:41)
(Revolution @ Mar. 24 2007,10:04) how much ligher is the carbon compared to the stock plastic? noticable difference??

looks good.
If you hold both pieces (fender) in each a hand, carbon is definitely lighter. But when talking plastics, unless you're aiming for shaving every possible ounce off your bike, it's more for the looks. I dont know the precise weight difference...

I guess if you were to replace all body parts, you could save probably something like a pound or two.
I got this one  from Magical Racing through StreetnTrack. It was 1.5-2.0 lbs lighter than the stock fender. I like it because you can see more of the wheels and CF is badass!

P1290381.jpg

(bigt973 @ Mar. 24 2007,22:44)
(_ZeF @ Mar. 24 2007,10:41)
(Revolution @ Mar. 24 2007,10:04) how much ligher is the carbon compared to the stock plastic? noticable difference??

looks good.
If you hold both pieces (fender) in each a hand, carbon is definitely lighter. But when talking plastics, unless you're aiming for shaving every possible ounce off your bike, it's more for the looks. I dont know the precise weight difference...

I guess if you were to replace all body parts, you could save probably something like a pound or two.
I got this one from Magical Racing through StreetnTrack. It was 1.5-2.0 lbs lighter than the stock fender. I like it because you can see more of the wheels and CF is badass!

P1290381.jpg
Lucky you with your carbon wheels!!!! Thats definitely a mod i'd do if was ready to drop that kind of money on the bike... It's not for now anyway.

How was the effect on handling and performance?

Handling is definately better. I've only been to the drag strip once with them and I was rusty so I did not see any improvement there but that was more my fault. I don't think, at my riding level at the strip, I would see that much difference anyway.

(_ZeF @ Mar. 24 2007,05:00)
(Revvv @ Mar. 24 2007,01:58) I like it. Now - who makes that fender so I can get one?
I got it from this eBay store... HERE

Good prices, carbon quality is A1 and very fast shipping.
They charge you alot to ship to Montreal?

I have the same bike & am debating doing that as well.

If you have a pic from a further angle & have time to post it, please do. Would like to see how it looks from further.

Thanks ...
biggrin.gif

(SuzukiRider @ Mar. 25 2007,10:50)
(_ZeF @ Mar. 24 2007,05:00)
(Revvv @ Mar. 24 2007,01:58) I like it. Now - who makes that fender so I can get one?
I got it from this eBay store... HERE

Good prices, carbon quality is A1 and very fast shipping.
They charge you alot to ship to Montreal?

I have the same bike & am debating doing that as well.

If you have a pic from a further angle & have time to post it, please do. Would like to see how it looks from further.

Thanks ...
biggrin.gif
I believe shipping here was $26.99 for EMS, not bad at all and quick.

I will post more pics later today...

(_ZeF @ Mar. 24 2007,17:28)
(Cookie @ Mar. 24 2007,16:42)

super.gif

UR
Thanks for the tought Cookie! I might actually get one of those... Maybe black with red "slider"...

Good idea!!
The red puck is the way to go!!
wink.gif

DSC02643.jpg

Back