Ultimate newbie question

Lyrikz

Registered
Hi, i just bought a new 2004 and im taking off the rear side reflectors, and i cant get the two screws out fo the life of me.. I can get one screw on each one out, the other is NOT moving.. DO i need to remove the back fairing to get at these???

ANy tips? Thanks

Best to just remove the rear section and then remove the nuts, otherwise they just spin usually and won't come loose. Some have success pulling on them while turning and they can come unscrewed but most give up and just remove the tail section (which after you do it once is really easy). Don't forget to unplug the rear light assembly and the hump/rear seat release before completely removing the tail section. It does not take more than 20 minutes.

...and welcome aboard!
ya, i got em off without removing the tail section... Lost some finger skin to get the nutz out though. ahaha...

Thanks.. I cant wait for the weather to get better so i can get on it a few times.. Its kinda wet here and i ride like a baby in this weather ya know.

Here's what I done with the rear fender flap... Still carryin' those aircraft wing sized turn signal stalks around though... Haven't found just the right option for eliminating them yet.
wink.gif

IMG_0324.jpg

Here's what I done with the rear fender flap... Still carryin' those aircraft wing sized turn signal stalks around though... Haven't found just the right option for eliminating them yet.
wink.gif
what did you use to get the lines straight and what did you use to cut the fender and not have it leave it all messed up???you use anything as a support to cut it?? thats EACTLY what i want it to look like, minus the aircraft signals.. maybe a BIT shorter with the license up just a little bit..

I made a thread showing how I done it. Hang on and I'll try to find it for you...
wink.gif

Here ya go... Links to both my initial cut with info on what I used, and the last cut that put it where it is now. As you can see, I used the lopped off flap to make the first cut line. I used 3M blue fine line masking tape to lay out the second cut shape.
wink.gif

yeah I got mine off without taking the tail section off and I didn't care if I lost the nuts so I let em rattle out on their own
laugh.gif

Tell me about it...i'm taking a LONG pause after i get her back from the chromers. Unfortunately three days took 3 weeks. Oh well i pick er up tommorrow!! I hope. Once i started chroming i kept adding more and more. I'm dipping myself in chrome tommorrow!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back