What GPS????

biggallemore

Registered
hey guys/gals. im not on here much as im very busy at work and/or spendin family time but i have a 03 busa with a velocity stg2 kit and im lookin to get a GPS. I would just like to get an accurate speedo more than the navigation and what not. so im lookin for recomendations on what model/brand to use. and would like pics of how you have them mounted.

Tax return time
beerchug.gif

actually thats goin towards my garage. BUT... my cd just matured and im scrappin off the interest. and im tryin to win the 1st show i put my bike in too.

If you're mainly looking for speed and top speed recall the Garmin GPS III, III plus, V all seem to be used a lot. You can usually find them for $100 or so on ebay.

Magellan Roadmate 2000 $274.99 on sale at Radioshack.com
The screen on the right!

DSC00019.JPG

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 19 2007,18:36) Magellan Roadmate 2000 $274.99 on sale at Radioshack.com
The screen on the right!
Does it show speed, average speed, ETA and how many way points does it have? Looking to up grade my V with a larger screen.
cool.gif

(DaCol. @ Feb. 19 2007,23:10)
(05BusaLe @ Feb. 19 2007,18:36) Magellan Roadmate 2000 $274.99 on sale at Radioshack.com
The screen on the right!
Does it show speed, average speed, ETA and how many way points does it have? Looking to up grade my V with a larger screen.
cool.gif
I know it shows speed and ETA but I just got this unit and mounted it on the bike didnt play with it much. You can follow this link to learn more:
http://www.magellangps.com/assets/manuals/2000_RUG_US.pdf

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 19 2007,20:22)
(DaCol. @ Feb. 19 2007,23:10)
The screen on the right!
cool.gif
I know it shows speed and ETA but I just got this unit and mounted it on the bike didnt play with it much. You can follow this link to learn more:
http://www.magellangps.com/assets/manuals/2000_RUG_US.pdf
Thanks
beerchug.gif

"what GPS" that's exactly what I said when the garmin flew off at approx. 150 mph... What GPS...

(DaCol. @ Feb. 19 2007,20:10)
The screen on the right!
cool.gif
wanna sell me yours?? email me at biggallemore@hotmail.com or pm me here. i dont really want anything big as i already have a boost and fp gauge mounted to the upper tripple tree.

(biggallemore @ Feb. 20 2007,05:14)
(DaCol. @ Feb. 19 2007,20:10)
The screen on the right!
cool.gif
wanna sell me yours?? email me at biggallemore@hotmail.com or pm me here. i dont really want anything big as i already have a boost and fp gauge mounted to the upper tripple tree.
I'll mark this, and if and when I change I'll PM you  
beerchug.gif

Right now Iam having problems (even with the makers web sites) finding out what funtions they all have. Picture turns are OK, but not mainly what I want. Guess I'll going to have to wait until my first LD Rally this year, walk around and see what others have changed too.

The screen on the right!
Holy Crap! You get HBO on that thing?
biggrin.gif

Garmin Legend CX for me, easy to use and I can take it any where car, motorcycle, hooks up to the laptop easy to download tracks new routes.

DSC00772.JPG

(Powers739 @ Feb. 19 2007,20:26) "what GPS"  that's exactly what I said when the garmin flew off at approx. 150 mph... What GPS...
No kidding! Thats what I said when my Quest left me! I was only doing 70-80 though.

Running a Zumo now, if something happens to it, no more!

Back