Radiator

Okibusa

Donating Member
Registered
I have a question about radiators. Could anyone tell me the total capacity of the radiator (’99)? I’m beginning my spring cleaning today and I’m starting with the radiator.

Should be able to get that information straight from Suzuki. I would shoot them an email or get on their tech support line and they should be able to tell you. I have never checked this myself as I always just fill the radiator until it gets to the top, start the bike and let it get to operating tempature with the cap off to open up the thermostat and then add what I need after that if anything, put the lid back on and fill the overfill tank to the specified line.
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the info. I would shoot them an E-mail except that it’s night time there and 8:42 AM here. And, I will be heading for the garage in about 15 minutes to begin cleaning. The reason why I need the total capacity is because I’m using water wetter, radiator coolant and distilled water. So I need to get the mixture correct.

Thanks for that info. I am experimenting with water wetter. The directions on the bottle said to use no less than 15% coolant and, it had a number of ounces of water wetter to use depending on the size of the tank. I bought my bike used so I didn't get a manual. So I used the field expedient method. Hope i works.

Thank again.

I just did the Flush and fill with 50/50 Havoline Dexcool and Water wetter. Now my reservoir is pink! I am all set for the Summer commute!

Back