~~ need help ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

Ran across a Vortex top clamp for a fair price. What I don't know is will I need anything else?

Take stock off..replace with Vortex?

Any help appreciated and thank you..

runeight...

whoops..I know..need pic..

laugh.gif

c162_1__Medium_.jpg

yep thats it. bolts up the same as stock then re torque. i think 26 ft lbs
those kind are for lowering the front.
it does look good

Like I said,it is just a billet cover...You still use the actaul tree underneath the stock cover (you know the 2 pc thingy)
If you are looking for an actual tree,that is not it.....
Hth's

It also allows you to lower the front.

Be careful it may change the angle of your bars.

I have a PMR one piece billet top clamp. It saves weight over the heavy two piece unit and looks very trick. It is also a very high quality piece available black or polished. It comes with the security torx wrench to remove the lock cylinder.

aforks4.JPG

Run...its a nice piece for loweing, and maybe a few grams lighter than stock top cover, not sure. It will put the bars about 1/4" closer towards the front end...the bars have to move forward in order to make the fork hole large enough to allow them to pass thru, but its such a small amount I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't held it over the stock piece.

I bought the same one about a month ago for just over $100.The only problem I found was one of the bolt holes for the bars is at an upward angle.Once the bar is in the clamp I can only put one bolt in.The other runs into the bar.Do you guys think it is safe to ride like that?I really like the clamp and don't want to buy another one.

Back