Cut mid pipe mod (with pics)

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
Just got dont testing out my new cut mids. I left them longer then most guys do for a couple reasons. First I wanted to retain the baffel and I wanted them to look longer in hopes I wont get pulled over. Anyway I took my sawzall, clamped the mid pipe down on a saw horse, and simply cut the flanges off. I had a brand new metal blade so they went through like butter. I cleaned the cuts up with my Dremel - first with a stone to debur, then a sanding wheel, then a polishing wheel. Mounted them up and started it. I couldn't ride because it's raining and I let my comp & collission go until April or May. But I really like the sound of it. It reminded me of a car with glass packs. Anyway here's a few pictures. After I was done I put my Yosh cans back on. I don't plan to run the cut mids full time, just once in a while. I plan to pick up a couple sets of gaskets just to keep on hand in case I phuck one up during a quick change over. Thanks again to Greg (Heavybusa) who sent me the pipes, no charge, didn't even want to be reimbursed for shipping.

beerchug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
nice set-up
beerchug.gif
i like the way you left it so you can go back and forth depending on how and where you are riding

Oh,

How those tight - cheecked Ct State Boys are going to love you.

Loud sounds are what get you noticed.

But Rock On..........
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Wooo Hooo Kev ! Welcome to the Super Squid Group !
super.gif

Lookin' Good Bro !

squid.gif

listen a tubeless busa ,

02-55.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry ....Kev ......been working on my Custom Super Size Smilies !!

sorry.gif

Back