Who Makes the Preferred Helmet?

Preferred Helmet Manufacturer

• Total voters

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Would be interested to see which helmet manufacturer is 'preferred' by the members of this forum.

I know many of you have more than one. If that's the case, cast your vote, then identify and rank the others in a reply (as I have done).

This should be enlightening and moderately informative. If nothing else, it might help someone who is in the market for a new lid decide where to start shopping.

:beerchug:

In order of preference.

1. Shoei (4 lids)
2. Arai (2 lids)
3. Icon (2 lids)

I haven't owned any others, so cannot comment.

I have KBC, Icon, and Shoei. I voted for the Icon because it flows better air and I like the visor mechanism better than the Shoei. The Icon is also lighter. However, the Shoei is quieter at speed.

In order of preference.

1. Shoei (4 lids)
2. Arai (2 lids)
3. Icon (2 lids)

I haven't owned any others, so cannot comment.

Hey Scar... how do you like the ICON helmets ??? Thinkin about the new "Infernal" to match the Orange/Black

my top 5 ,
1. Arai (RX7Corsair)
2. Shoei (X11)
3. Suomy (Extreme) and AGV (GPTech)
4. Nolan (N94)
5. KBC

my recent collection ,
Helmet.jpg

Hey Scar... how do you like the ICON helmets ??? Thinkin about the new "Infernal" to match the Orange/Black

I like them fine, brother...but I cannot recommend them in good conscience for the type of riding that I personally prefer (aggressive canyon carving). The Icon's are lightweight, have great ventilation, are somewhat noisier (due to the type of lining they use (increased air flow = increased noise, no way around it; use your ear plugs to aide with this).

Now. That said, I do occasionally wear the Icon's to bike night, or some other local event or commute where the likelihood is if I do go down, I won't be in the 'spanking' mode (presumed decreased crash severity). Plus, for each of them I have the matching jacket, and I certainly don't want to look poser-esque while trying to tame Palomar...if you know what I mean.

I'd say buy the Icon if you're not intending to use it for the track, or any other track-like riding.

Hope this helps; ride safe!

Hey...you're right the 2nd AGV is supposed to be HJC. I'll see if I can get an admin to fix it.

Great catch.

Doh!

FYI and by way of update, I do have an ADMIN working to change the 2nd AGV to HBC so others can participate. Sorry for the error, all.

Scar

I have to go with Arai... If I have to swear allegiance to a brand it'll be to the brand that still uses people who take pride in their work and understand the critical importance of their products. I wear Shoei, I wear Arai, and the Arai's have always felt that little bit better.

There was of course the much hyped and theatrical helmet article in Motorcyclist a few years ago which gave a lot of bargain shoppers some sorta false hope, but bottom line, I'll wear the helmet that has proven for decades to go above and beyond industry G-loading standards, not meeting MINIMUMS, but going beyond. Helmets identical to those worn by the top racers in the world. Arai doesn't make one off's for racers, you get the same helmet Hayden and company does, unlike just about every other helmet maker.

I like my brain such as it is, I'll spend the extra bones knowing that someone who understands and cares about what's at stake built my lid, NOT some faceless Chinese mass produced polycarbonate rebound device... produced by a shipping company and child labor... No way. :moon:

But that's me...

I have always had Shoie or Arai, prefer Shoie. When I got my new K-8 my white Shoie from my other bike was tired and didn't match too well. I wanted to shop for a Suzuki Busa helmet because I knew I could find it at a better price than the dealer. I picked up a HJC blue Dragon to get me by while I looked. I was pleasantly surprised by the HJC ( CL-15 ). It is pretty comfortable, but a bit noisier than the Shoie helmets. Now I have my Busa helmet, but for a reasonably priced second helmet I am impressed with the
HJC.

:moon: :rofl: <==your brain "...such as it is..."

...and by the way...all...Revlis is the insanely incredible Admin I contacted to right the errant options.

Three cheers and a set of warily dropped drawers to you, Mr. You're the best. :moon:

Thanks for fixin'...is all I'm sayin'.

Mmmkay?:beerchug:

My vote went to shoei smiply because I just bought one and I like it alot better than the HJC I was wearing before it. I'm sure there are nicer ones out there, but it's the nicest thats ever been on my head. :laugh:

Back