Well I voted

mrsBusawhipped

No training wheels?
Donating Member
Registered
Yep, BW and I got up bright and early to go vote. Got there and of course a line. We expected that. So we are chatting away and watching as people are getting in line behind us. We finally move up to where they check your id. They had us split up in 4 lines based on the first letter of your last name. A-D E-K L-Q and R-Z. Well Ok, not too big a deal. Until the E-K line seemed to keep growing and nobody moving and everyone else around us was getting their ballots and leaving. We waited over an hour just to get our ballots. Lots of people upset at the way the polling was set up. I called the county clerks office and complained and offered up a solution that had been discussed in line amongst others and even offered to go back and help volunteer. The clerk took my suggestion was very nice about it and told me that they had no volunteers at the polling place they were all paid. I always thought they poll workers were volunteers. They need to hire new ones. The lady working the E-K line was in her 80's easily and very slow. God bless her sole for wanting to help, but they should have given her a lighter line to handle not the biggest line. They finally did move her over to a different line.

Well that's my voting story. I hope everyone else who is voting has a good experience today. If your reading this and feeling discouraged about waiting in line and maybe thinking of not voting. Don't you dare not vote. Get out there and let your voice be heard. :please: I am glad I did, no matter what the outcome.

My county has advanced voting 20 days prior to each election. I take advantage of that every time! I voted last week...not too bad, took about 30 mins from the time I got out of my truck to the time I got back in...

Get out an vote. Its worth the wait. As mrsBW said, our county does not know how to do queue management. There were 3-4 workers without any one to process, and then there were lines like the one were were in based on where we lived in the county and our last name where we had to wait an hour while watching others come in, go to the front, get their ballot, vote and leave.

The workers there only offered "we don't have enough volunteers to do this right" and "they wait more than 5 hours downtown so I don't know what are you complaining about" to people who voiced their opinion of how inequitably the processing was being done. They did not make any efforts to fix the obvious problem with their system. I'm surprised to find the "volunteers" are actually being paid.

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

CHEERS for everyone that votes!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the early voting idea. Hubby and I went and voted the Sunday before last and it took a whole 5 mins! PLUS they did not say anything about me brining the lil dude w/me. On election day they mentioned no kiddos and at the primaries they were turning away people w/kids. I did not want to have to pay a babysitter to vote, but I would have. :)

:beerchug: :beerchug:

One of the cool things about living in the backside of nowhere is that voting is more of a social outing than anything else. It's kind of like Dixville Notch in NH. We have a total population of about 900 (I don't know how many are adults registered to vote) and two polling places. Usually by the time I get there around 6:00 P.M. the only people there are the workers and are all my neighbors :)

Good on you for voting early :beerchug:

voted early to beat the rush, 30min and I was in :cheerleader: now I have to keep my fingers crossed for the winner

We voted two weekends ago.... now I just wish my vote counted:sulk:

I just got back from voting....like Don said it's a social event for us around here. I got to see some folks I haven't seen in a long time. Anyhoo...I waited for an hour before getting my ballot. It was awesome to see our polling place so crowded, usually I'm only there for 5 minutes.

100_4253.jpg

I'm voting after work today...there's a local voter precinct just across the street from where I work and there's been a steady stream of traffic since I pulled up...I think we'll have record voter turn out today :thumbsup:

I dunno, no point really if you are in a Deep Blue state... Electoral College will make it all irrelevant.

It will be good to see a change in office...

I dunno, no point really if you are in a Deep Blue state... Electoral College will make it all irrelevant.

It will be good to see a change in office...

Regardless of who wins, it will be a change. As for there being no point in voting, that's a cop out if I ever heard one. Same thing the media is doing, trying to discourage voters telling them their vote won't count because this exit poll shows this or this person is going to win regardless.

Only one poll counts and it is going on all day today!

Don't let the media's exit polls or anything else sway you. Go Vote!

Voted last week. All votes are worthwhile. Your votes are votes for the electoral college, true, but make your vote sway that electoral college the right way.

Whatever you feel that way is.

--Wag--

Regardless of who wins, it will be a change. As for there being no point in voting, that's a cop out if I ever heard one. Same thing the media is doing, trying to discourage voters telling them their vote won't count because this exit poll shows this or this person is going to win regardless.

Only one poll counts and it is going on all day today!

Don't let the media's exit polls or anything else sway you. Go Vote!

Umm, if it makes you feel better to think that a conservative vote in an extremely Liberal state matters even a little bit when it comes to the president then go ahead. But so long as the Electoral College is here and a state goes all Red or Blue? It makes no difference at all, not even a little and this is the sad reality... If it were actually decided by popular vote, it would help though.

If I were in Colorado, Florida, or some other state where it's not so cut and dried then you bet I'd have voted. (WE do it by mail here anyway, had my ballot last month).

Lastly, when I am forced to choose between two evils. I choose neither. So many just vote blindly along party lines like trained monkeys, regardless of the fact that neither candidate is really worth voting for...

Nope, I probably would have written in WWJD or something this year.

Back