Who won the debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
Whats the word?

Edit:

I meant to say who WON the debate. Can somebody fix that so i don't look like a idiot. lol

Edit: fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: So who one the debate?

sarah clearly studied the 5 D's of economic questioning....dodge, duck, dive, dip, and dodge!

Not to knock the idea of a Poll, but I think the integrity of the results of this one are loaded heavily to the Right. Simply due to the result of the Presidential Poll on the Org, there is very little likelihood that we would actually see different trending in this poll.

Also, due to the pre-disposition of the Right, even though the statics on just about EVERY other poll you will see clearly shows the Joe Biden beat her like red-headed step-child, the pro-right demographic of the org will not rationalize and admit it.

The bright point in all of this is that in a few weeks NONE of these hypothetical polls will make a difference. We shall all wake up November the 5th to the dawn of a new era, an era of CHANGE, as opposed to finding ourselves strolling hopelessly across a Bridge to Nowhere!!!

Not to knock the idea of a Poll, but I think the integrity of the results of this one are loaded heavily to the Right. Simply due to the result of the Presidential Poll on the Org, there is very little likelihood that we would actually see different trending in this poll.

Also, due to the pre-disposition of the Right, even though the statics on just about EVERY other poll you will see clearly shows the Joe Biden beat her like red-headed step-child, the pro-right demographic of the org will not rationalize and admit it.

The bright point in all of this is that in a few weeks NONE of these hypothetical polls will make a difference. We shall all wake up November the 5th to the dawn of a new era, an era of CHANGE, as opposed to finding ourselves strolling hopelessly across a Bridge to Nowhere!!!

With any luck we will have a replay of the Mondale/Reagan election. Almost dead even in the polls and Reagan beat him like a, what was the term you used? Oh yeah, Red Headed Stepchild!! I not only see Chicago not winning the world series but also not winning the white house.

Agreed.....

I find it comical how people can be so one sided and partisan. I tried to watch the debate with an open mind, as I am a Republicrat. But time and time again, I felt Palin didn't answer the question, appeared lost and unprepared, or just plain inexperienced. Biden on the other hand nearly always had a clear answers, examples, situations and so on.

It will be interesting to see how the whole thing turns out. Can a party win on "Soccer moms and 6-pack dads?" And if I hear McCain the Maverick in that squeaky voice one more time...

Last night was a big, big win for Sarah Palin.

She showed originality, charisma and sass - a style that is refreshing and different in our politics. She didn't just win the vice-presidential debate, she showed that she belongs with Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton as among the best communicators of our modern political times.

Her sallies against big government were brilliantly conceived and well executed. Her line that she didn't understand how Washington worked because politicians vote for something right after they vote against it, for example, was just wonderful.

Another classic came when she bit back at moderator Gwen Ifill and opponent Joe Biden and said she'd answer the questions as she wanted to, not necessarily as they wanted her to do.

Gone, long gone, are the worries about how good or well-prepared Sarah Palin is.

Most important, she showed how John McCain would bring change to Washington. Would that McCain could articulate his own sense of change as well as his running mate did!

For his part, Biden sounded like the warmed-over has-been that he is - he seemed to be on downers. Where she was thrilling and exciting, he was hypnotically boring. He seemed like more of the same, while she seemed like a breath of fresh air.

Without trepidation, she tossed aside the Bush years and spoke of the "blunders" in Iraq. She was able to skewer Wall Street and show Republican opposition to the greed there.

She even handled Biden very well on his turf, foreign policy - meeting him head-to-head on every issue, and winning.

Everyone realizes that Palin has been in this field for only five weeks; her ability, nonetheless, to prevail against a veteran like Biden is a testament to her intellect and skill.

That smiling face, those novel phrases, that informal style - it was all a pleasure and a refreshing change.

And she got her ticket off on the right foot for October - making the tax issue stick and zinging Barack Obama's economic programs and his big-spending plans.

The Alaska governor did a wonderful job of displaying her experience and justifying her candidacy in terms of her expertise on energy issues. It's now far harder to dismiss her as an unqualified flake.

More, she connected in a way that few politicians do: She speaks for us.

Palin did a lot to help McCain last night - illustrated the best about him. But she did more to help herself - vaulting to a leading role among women in American politics. Her authenticity and unique style will be with us for years to come.

Last night's Palin victory will have an immediate impact on the presidential race - arresting McCain's fall and slowing Obama's surge.

The only question is whether it will be enough to reverse Obama's gains of the past week. It might go a long way in that direction.

Richard Morris

(copy/paste)

r8

Last edited:
Forget for a second which party you're apart of...that performance by Palin was an embarrassment of epic proportion. Not only did she sound like the Sheriff from the movie Fargo, not only did Biden eclipse her as a competent speaker (speaking is important when you're on a global stage), but evidently some of the American people actually connected with her because of her ability to babble. I know this sounds harsh but WTH?!

Please tell me the Republican party can field better VP candidates than this.

In my eyes Sen. Biden was the clear winner last night. With this I'm not saying that Gov. Palin wasn't prepared or anything along those lines.

I find it comical how people can be so one sided and partisan. I tried to watch the debate with an open mind, as I am a Republicrat. But time and time again, I felt Palin didn't answer the question, appeared lost and unprepared, or just plain inexperienced. Biden on the other hand nearly always had a clear answers, examples, situations and so on.

It will be interesting to see how the whole thing turns out. Can a party win on "Soccer moms and 6-pack dads?" And if I hear McCain the Maverick in that squeaky voice one more time...

strongly agree from my cell phone !!
both presidential candidates are a joke !!! Palin is is nothing but to use her own words joe six pack being passed of on the american public as presidential... NONE of is suprises me since we as a people are so eager to buy BS and except what were given and told as truth....
Remember the last big bag of crap the public was sold ????

It was Iraq = payback for 9/ 11
h
How dumb are we really ????
Posted via Mobile Device

"The CNN survey found that 51 percent of the 611 adult Americans polled thought Biden did the best job, while 36 percent preferred his opponent, Republican governor Sarah Palin.

But 54 percent of the respondents said the folksy Palin was more likable, against 36 percent for Biden. Seventy percent said Biden was more of a typical politician.
Both candidates exceeded expectations with 84 percent of the people polled saying Palin did a better job than they expected and64 percent making the same comments for Biden.

How Palin would perform in this year's only vice presidential debate had been a major issue for the Alaska governor, who had some well-publicized fumbles during interviews with CBS' Katie Couric leading up to the debate.
Respondents thought Biden was better at expressing his views, giving him 52 percent against Palin's 36 percent.
On the key issue of the candidates' qualifications, 87 percent said Biden is qualified and Palin scored 42 percent.
The candidates sparred over which team would be the better agent of change. Biden came out on top of the debate, with 53 percent of those polled giving the nod to the Delaware senator and42 percent saying Palin was more likely to bring change. "

Maybe the Dem's should have chosen one of these beauties to run against Sarah Palin?

The hot chick won

:inlove:

hags.jpg

Back