I need to be schooled

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
Im working on rebuilding the bike over the winter and upgrading alot of parts but the biggest thing is I want to add nitrous. Im wanting a good 50 extra horses but I dont want to build the motor yet (thats next year). So the questions are. Whats the biggest shot I can run on stock internals with minimal damage and would it be better to run a wet or dry kit? Im going to get the spraybar from Gixx1300r but I need to know which would be better.

Thanks

talk to your dyno guy, see what he is used to working with.. I do not like the "poly" line on a system myself..

Yeah im going to be looking for a good nitrous guy later Im just wanting to build the system first. I have everything for a dry kit I just want to put a spraybar on it but I dont know if I should go with a wet bar or if thats to much for the stock internals to handle. Im not looking for huge numbers. Im just looking for more go when i need it. And I wont be using poly lines Ill be getting the ss braided lines.

I'm not an expert, but I think if you are going to go with more than a 40 shot you should go with a wet system.

we just tuned a 50 shot of my wifes 05 bike with the ecu flasher that i sell and the small harness i sell that plugs into the flapper valve solenoid which controls a window switch, wot switch, map switching, all automatic once tuned and setup in ecu editor, i have a couple of posts on it, works like a champ, very inexpensive compared to buying a power commander with hub, map switch, wot switch, window switch, etc etc etc

02-07 busas only

ECU Flashing

Greg

Im working on rebuilding the bike over the winter and upgrading alot of parts but the biggest thing is I want to add nitrous. Im wanting a good 50 extra horses but I dont want to build the motor yet (thats next year). So the questions are. Whats the biggest shot I can run on stock internals with minimal damage and would it be better to run a wet or dry kit? Im going to get the spraybar from Gixx1300r but I need to know which would be better.

Thanks

Dry kit is very simple to work with. You can go up to 65hp on stock injectors and fuel pump without to much work. If your going with the spray bar, be ready for a helluva a hit once you hit it. Anything at or above 50hp I would suggest a progressive box, a window switch or both to use that much imho. You will certainly need a PCIII, or better yet, give the old tweaking of the stock ECU a try. But if you are relying on a tuner to do it for ya then the PCIII will probably suffice given you get the Hub and the Ignition module as well.

I personally would only use a wet if I were going over 75hp shot. It all depends on what fuel system you will have as well as how much HP before using nitrous. The stock injectors are barely enough for 230hp.

Just make sure you do your research for your particular setup.

Im trying to research but everyone I talk to is telling me a different story. How about I start this over and start with what Im workin with here.

OK 04 busa 16000 miles on the clock, Stock motor and internals, stock injectors, stock everything under the airbox! Im installing a Brocks Alien Head and a PC III, Already did the air box mod and Im going to be replacing the plugs. As for the nitrous Ive got the bottle and everything else for a dry kit, but I want to put one of Gixx1300r's spraybars on it. Now I dont know if I should go with a wet kit or just stay with the dry kit. Im wanting to run a system that will be upgradable for when I do tear into the motor and build it.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/nitrous/98299-real-street-spraybar.html this is the spraybar I would like to use. But what all do I need to run a wet kit on my bike and will the stock internals handle it for a 50 shot or more? Or would I be better off just sticking to the single stage spraybar and running a 50-65shot? Im new to all this so I appreciate everyones help.

Im trying to research but everyone I talk to is telling me a different story. How about I start this over and start with what Im workin with here.

Everyone is telling you something different because there are so many ways to accomplish the same thing – there is no ONE right way to do it.

A setup I had a while back was pretty close to what you are asking for. All stock internals with a Muzzy pipe and airbox mod with a 50 shot yielded 211 at the wheel. I ran this motor for all of 2007 and went through over fifty pounds of N20 with no issues, so there is no question stock internals will be fine with a 50 shot AS LONG AS YOU DON'T RUN LEAN.

I used a PCIII hub with switch to add the fuel needed, but there are cheaper alternatives if you don’t already have a PCIII – check out the MPS Fast FI box or talk to Smithabusa.

This was a .038 jet in a fogger nozzle at the bottom of the airbox using the mounting plate from Smithabusa at 900 psi bottle pressure.

You should probably just browse through all the info in the nitrous section here and at SH.org to get more ideas before you spend any cash – there are a lot of guys running nitrous on here everyones setup is a little different.

dynorun11.jpg

our sheets are quite similar :)

Boostbysmithmotorwithnitrous.jpg

Damn, That was a pretty good assement when I said your spray came on at 6250 just by watching the video.

Wet vs Dry-you will get alot of opinions. My Real Street spraybar is for a 2 stage dry shot but I do make a wet spraybar so you have many to choose from. I would suggest doing a Dry shot if you are only going to a 50 shot.

OK 04 busa 16000 miles on the clock, Stock motor and internals, stock injectors, stock everything under the airbox! Im installing a Brocks Alien Head and a PC III, Already did the air box mod and Im going to be replacing the plugs. As for the nitrous Ive got the bottle and everything else for a dry kit, but I want to put one of Gixx1300r's spraybars on it. Now I dont know if I should go with a wet kit or just stay with the dry kit. Im wanting to run a system that will be upgradable for when I do tear into the motor and build it.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/nitrous/98299-real-street-spraybar.html this is the spraybar I would like to use. But what all do I need to run a wet kit on my bike and will the stock internals handle it for a 50 shot or more? Or would I be better off just sticking to the single stage spraybar and running a 50-65shot? Im new to all this so I appreciate everyones help.

If your going to go wet, go with a fogger wet kit.

Back