Nitrous with only stock ecu now possible

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
With ECU flashing on the 2002-2007 Busas, running nitrous is now a lot less complicated for fueling, controls etc.

With the stock ecu you can control nitrous

with a window switch (arm and disarm rpm, controlled by stock ecu)
WOT switch, keep nos from coming on until 85% throttle
switch both fuel and ignition maps when nitrous is activated

All without adding any additional electronics to the bike, obviously some wiring is involved or i will soon be offering a plug and play window switch / wot activation that hooks into the flapper valve solenoid connector (and use ECU to turn on and off a relay for nitrous activation.) The same arming can be used to turn on and off your secondary ignition and fuel maps.

ECU Flashing

Greg

With all 8 injectors involved that is what I Have been waiting for.:beerchug:

THE BURNOUT.jpg

Can you explain in detail what it is you would have to do and is there any bad points to this? I am very interested in this I have an 06 limited Busa and want to install dual bottle nos with a purge kit but dont want to do any large modifications to the bike. All I am looking for is 200mph say a 25 to 30 hp shot. I have single Yosh pipe and a gipro so far and just want to get to 200mph without hurting the bike.:rulez:

You would need a hardware piece to flash the ecu with, you can build one yourself or I sell pre-built and tested ones at ECU Flashing

There is a post here regarding the map switching, more some guys this may look a little much, I plan on offering a plug and play setup with a toggle switch, that you just plug into the stock flapper valve solenoid, and to the battery, and once flashed on the ECU will turn the solenoid on at whatever rpm window you tell it to with 85% or more throttle and switch maps to the secondary NOS map. You will obviously need to adjust fueling, and depending on setup timing for the secondary map.

HAS ANYONE TESTED THE MAP SELECT FUNCTION YET? - ECU hacking

Greg

This stuff is awesome! :cheerleader: Thank you smith for bringing it "public" :bowdown: it would be so GREAT not to have to have all the PCM's, PLEASE, keep it comming! Do you know who's heading up the testing on the Gen2's? :beerchug:

This stuff is awesome! :cheerleader: Thank you smith for bringing it "public" :bowdown: it would be so GREAT not to have to have all the PCM's, PLEASE, keep it comming! Do you know who's heading up the testing on the Gen2's? :beerchug:

Just so everyone knows I'm not the man behind the software or hardware design, I took premade directions for building a hardware interface and made a circuit board, put it in a case with leds, and helping get the word out :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Just so everyone knows I'm not the man behind the software or hardware design, I took premade directions for building a hardware interface and made a circuit board, put it in a case with leds, and helping get the word out :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Understood, Thx to ALL that have and will be contributing to the cause :bowdown: :beerchug:

Factory Pro has been tuning stock ecu's for years. just no switch. just stock ecu mapping on most all suzuki's. I had mine (05 busa) done with 40 shot dry nos years ago

what is factory pro? Like a yosh box with a low mid and high range adjustment? This is no where near the same thing if thats what it is.

Factory pro is the manufacturer of the teka . which allows programming of the stock ecu for suzuki's. they are also makers of the Factory Pro dyno , they make several parts a version of tre , stacks etc. I had them tune my ecu several years ago with the teka they make so i did not need the pc or other device. you can check out there web site factorypro.com . i had my 05 busa done in 05 been good ever since . had a tune up this year with little change to the map i was told.

it allows direct custom map upload to stock ecu. changing the stock map . nothing to buy or install other than custom map and dyno tune. it is a hand held device computer with software that the tuner uses to alter stock map. i think they have an updated version for the 08 busa and a memory chip that now can be left on the bike.
i believe , after reading your post, similar school of thought ??

If its a teka box, and looking at this post looks similar to a yosh box, where you are adding or taking away fuel across a wide range of cells, sorta like the 3 buttons on the power commander.

ECU Flashing is much more detailed than that, you can adjust fueling at every tps angle and engine RPM, sorta like a power commander map but with way more cells, for fuel, timing, adjust rev limiters, shift light or window switch output, use your ecu for map switching for NOS stuff etc, lots of possibilities.

it is not a box that is added to the bike permanant. you use the teka device which is a small handheld computer to change the mapping for a custom map on the stock ecu. I am not familiar with the yoshi box??
It appears that your device does a considerable amount more as you have described above.
The teka is like shrinking your compter down to a handheld device adding power commander like software to the computer which intigrates into the system and allows stock ecu map changes but with no harware addition. make real time map changes while on the dyno.once done unplug from stock ecu and you now have a custom map dumped into the stock ecu.
I have only a small shot of nos so it works good for me, but i am sure it would do the same for larger???
so with your device are you flashing the epprom with totally new software or are you just adding aspects and control to the stock ecu I/O and software/firmware??

This is also just a box used to reflash the processor etc, box doesn't stay on the bike, its just an interface between PetriK's ECU Editor Software and the actual ECU. Similar I think, Yoshbox is something else similar, but a very crude low, mid, and high type of fuel adjustment device that doesn't stay on the bike, actually changes the ecu.

This allows fuel / timing adjustments at every rpm, throttle position etc.
If yours is tuned for nos, but without map switching, how does it run decent A/F when not spraying?

Back