not feeling the hit?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
i just finished installing my nitrous system and went out for a ride and i didn't feel any difference but my fi light started flashing. byke is not dyno jet i'm just doing some testing before i take it to the shop. i'm not getting on it real hard since the bike is not dyno. i thought i would feel some kind of pull but i didn't. here is what i got

2lb botttle
.16 NOS jet
nos spray fan nozzle
nozzle is in the middle of air box
K&N filter
small box mod
power commander
hindle full system
i will post some pic later today.

i just finished installing my nitrous system and went out for a ride and i didn't feel any difference but my fi light started flashing. byke is not dyno jet i'm just doing some testing before i take it to the shop. i'm not getting on it real hard since the bike is not dyno. i thought i would feel some kind of pull but i didn't. here is what i got

2lb botttle
.16 NOS jet
nos spray fan nozzle
nozzle is in the middle of air box
K&N filter
small box mod
power commander
hindle full system
i will post some pic later today.

10 horsepower is all you will get from a .16 jet. When you fog the airbox with a fan spray nozzle you lose 10-15% hp so you are only spraying about an 8 hp shot.

what is the biggest jet that i can use with a stock engine and all the mods mention above? i heard .36 i just want to be sure

and dont be afraid to be at wot to use it, you dont want to be at only a little bit of throttle to spray.

+1 on what everyone else said, ALSO, make sure bottle PSI is about 900 PSI. Bottle psi REALLY affects DRY KITS PERFORMANCE!!! :beerchug:

thanks for the replys, i'm getting a .36 jet this week. can i use the .36 with out mapping the bike just for testing?

now i know the feeling, scared the **** out of me. at first i was doing it wrong, i was spraying at 8,000 rpm and didn't feel anything again, this time with a 36 shot. so i got mad and i freaking hit the throttle all the way, i was doing like 90 then i hit the nos button and boy that was scary, I ****ed in my pants, at 90+ in third gear when i hit the button the bike did a little burn out and started dancing like looking for some grip on the road and took off like a rocket, i guess the front tire came up beacuse my tag was under my under tail, bent the hell out ans all messed up. i just went home and parked the bike. scared the hell out of me. I just don't feel right doing this on the highway i need to get my bike to the track and then go crazy:thumbsup:

now i know the feeling, scared the **** out of me. at first i was doing it wrong, i was spraying at 8,000 rpm and didn't feel anything again, this time with a 36 shot. so i got mad and i freaking hit the throttle all the way, i was doing like 90 then i hit the nos button and boy that was scary, I ****ed in my pants, at 90+ in third gear when i hit the button the bike did a little burn out and started dancing like looking for some grip on the road and took off like a rocket, i guess the front tire came up beacuse my tag was under my under tail, bent the hell out ans all messed up. i just went home and parked the bike. scared the hell out of me. I just don't feel right doing this on the highway i need to get my bike to the track and then go crazy:thumbsup:

A 36 jet is about a 40 shot when fogging the Airbox. You tag probably bent when the rear suspension loaded and compressed downward (seen it before). LOL have fun but be careful. By the way I spray a 150 shot,just imagine that.

Back