Nitrous

An NX or Dyno tune dry kit works well. If you fog the airbox and run a PClll,so you can richen the top end a bit, you can shoot 40hp on it. I run an MPS instant rich box, and a PClll, and I shoot 60hp direct into my TB's.(and I mix 50/50 93 octane pump gas and 110 race gas when I'm shooting)I use a Combination of NX and dyno tune parts.

the problem isn't can the engine handle it. The problem is can the fuel system handle it. 40 is about the limit unless you start making fuel system changes.

you can spray about 100 dry with just a instant rich box
Posted via Mobile Device

It depends on what components you use. This is a bone stock 2001 Busa (hence the 155hp output)with a MPS Fast FI box and a Dry Nitrous system. From 155hp to 218hp and the A/F ratio is still very fat.

Fast_FI_Dry_NOS_Graph.jpg

Gixx I'm wanting to use nos, what is the ideal set up to go with, I know there's no one best but I want to know what you would go with on a stock 08 Busa with a Yosh R-77 full exh. Everything as if you were putting a kit together, using your spray bar of course. Thanks. Also is there one particular brand your partial to over another?

Gixx I'm wanting to use nos, what is the ideal set up to go with, I know there's no one best but I want to know what you would go with on a stock 08 Busa with a Yosh R-77 full exh. Everything as if you were putting a kit together, using your spray bar of course. Thanks. Also is there one particular brand your partial to over another?

I have always liked Nitrous Express solenoids. The quality of NOS went downhill when they were purchased by Holley and all of their stuff is made in mexico. Stainless steel lines from the bottle to the solenoid and from the solenoid to the nozzle. Sheath the stainless steel lines with wire covers( you can get them from an Automotive store)Stainless steel lines will rub holes in your wiring harness.

Yes a PC3 can be used instead of a MPS box.

i'm confused now for some small dry shot 40 i heard MPS fast fi box may cause some problems, the pcIII can adjust and be map to your setup with no problems, but you will need 2 maps 1 for normal riding one for nos. that is what i know. now i might be wrong i'm not a nos expert i just started messing around with nos dry sys and still confused.

i'm confused now for some small dry shot 40 i heard MPS fast fi box may cause some problems, the pcIII can adjust and be map to your setup with no problems, but you will need 2 maps 1 for normal riding one for nos. that is what i know. now i might be wrong i'm not a nos expert i just started messing around with nos dry sys and still confused.

You have it correct. for 40 shot the MPS box will richen the fuel mixture too much. Going too rich is just as bad as going to lean.

AFTER, talking ALOT(thx nick)with GIXX 1300R, yes you are correct, i've checked into this box also, to run this box you would have to spray a minimum of 70hp JET(S), reason being is there is NO adjustment on the box to adjust AFR! So you have to tune the N2O to the box, which comes out in the neighborhood of 70hp. So yes, for SMALLER than this, a PC3 W/hub switch and 2nd map for the "juice" would be the way to go. :beerchug:

AFTER, talking ALOT(thx nick)with GIXX 1300R, yes you are correct, i've checked into this box also, to run this box you would have to spray a minimum of 70hp JET(S), reason being is there is NO adjustment on the box to adjust AFR! So you have to tune the N2O to the box, which comes out in the neighborhood of 70hp. So yes, for SMALLER than this, a PC3 W/hub switch and 2nd map for the "juice" would be the way to go. :beerchug:

or bazazz?

Obiwan has taught you well :lol:

I heard PC is coming out with a new PC to run the bikes with two sets of inj. Has a lot more features also, have you Gixx heard of this? Also would you suggest a one or two stage dry set up?

Last edited:
I heard PC is coming out with a new PC to run the bikes with two sets of inj. Has a lot more features also, have you Gixx heard of this? Also would you suggest a one or two stage dry set up?

I have not heard this but I wouldnt doubt it. Since the Bazzaz box,Dynojet has been losing sales on the Power Commanders.

Back