Mounting a bottle on a 06 Busa where????

jeepinocala

Registered
I think it is going to be the left side of the bike where the pipe used to go. Any ideas would be nice this bottle is t big for under the seat.:banghead:

Here is what I did. Sorry, I don't have any closer pictures.

bikes 015.jpg

I did the under the hump bottle idea, the only thing I changed was I made my own bracketry so that I could use the original plastic front mounts. I cut the plastic and made a mount then wrapped the bottle in wax paper and foamed it in.

newb.jpg

Also notice the original bolt holes are turned into two plastic bottle supports. Sorry the picture sucks it is from my phone.

I am having this built for my wife's bike.

with the bottle out and top portion of the billet clamp off the back seat will still fit on there.

289a37c6.jpg

Don't know anything about NOS; I know then keep your mouth shut, but why would a gas cylinder need a pickup tube ?

10-4, so the two installations appear similar concerning the mounting of the bottles as far as angle. Will it be an issue ?

My pickup tube is real short and I rolled it to stay on the bottom of the bottle it should not miss much at all if any. I couldn't put the bottle the way his is and will say his looks better so far I am not done yet but I have way to many things in that are to mount the bottle that way. Will post a good picture when done.

10-4, so the two installations appear similar concerning the mounting of the bottles as far as angle. Will it be an issue ?

the idea is to mount the bottle in a position where the pickup tube(if equipped) will always be submerged.So usually, you want the bottle to be tilted toward the front of the vehicle, with the tube at the lowest and furthest back point so that,even under acceleration, when the liquid gets thrown to the back of the bottle if its not completely full, you'll still be getting nitrous and not just air. If theres no tube, then the ideal position would be with the bottle upside down and the valve facing the rear of the bike. As in the photos above.

Last edited:
Back