Where and How to get your Motorcycle Endorsement!

Here is a link for the NJ registered folks, NJ offer this class free through the states MC safety awareness program. I personally took this course last year when we got my wife got going and it is exactly the same as the MSF course I took years ago. They also offer an expierenced ride course, free.

Tough to get in but ......

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/motorcycle_safety.htm

I did the MSF course here in Va to get mine.

I cannot speak highly enough about these I recommend the course to anyone.
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ Aug. 19 2007,09:17) I did the MSF course here in Va to get mine.

I cannot speak highly enough about these I recommend the course to anyone.  
beerchug.gif
+1 I did the same...the MSF class did wonders and I recommend it to all new riders or those interested in riding...
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

+2 - did the same here in DE and took the advanced course 3 years later. As everyone has said, I highly recommend it also!

After moving to Cali. from Chicago I lost my motorcycle endorsement
I took the MSF course (I had been riding for 15 years prior). By taking and completing the course you don't have to take the road test at DMV.
I highly recomend this for any level rider if nothing else it's a great refresher..........

bowdown.gif

Mandatory instruction, both physical and mental. Take the beginner and experienced ( do it every few years) courses. Training, Helmet and other protective gear. Nuff said, now go do it!

(VaBusa @ Aug. 21 2007,12:12) Never taken the advanced course...was it fun LCB?
Yes and no... It teaches you lots of stuff and you're doing it on your bike so you're applying everything immediately. But it's also nerve-wracking 'cause you're doing it on your own bike so if something goes wrong... We saw a guy drop his 3 month old GoldWing - makes your heart drop!

The good definately outweighs the bad though and I did it on the Harley, not the 'busa so I can't say how it would have turned out on the other bike. It's worth it for the additional insurance discount too.

for military usually threw your unit you can find a safety rep. and they can point you where you need to go OR can sign you up. i know for my unit which i am with the 1st infantry divsion out of ft riley, ks we have a civ. that was located in our brigade building and we just went and seen him and he gave you the papers needed and you got them signed by your chain of command and took them back and he gave you your dates. which the classes are MSF and the rider coach is military which ours was air force.

I teach MSF (Both the BRC and the ERC) on base and out in town (www.ocmt.org). We don’t give you a license but if you pass you will receive a DL389, you don’t have to do the riding portion at the DMV just the written. Don’t take the course just to avoid the riding test, take it to learn the skills being taught.

By they way the MSF course is mandatory for military personal and free.

Blue Ridge Comm College back in like 1998 I think, lol... Afterwards I wish they would make it mandatory...
bump.gif

Hey Guys,
I took it two years ago after a long hiatus from riding, and it was a great refresher. Of course, I waited around trying to catch one of the free courses in NJ, and from the moment the registration opened, I stayed On Hold for about two hours, before having the message change that the class was now full. After two attempts with the same outcome, I just paid for the course and took it at a community college up in North Jersey, about two hours away. It was well worth it. If I remember, the instructors were equating the skills learned with about six months of actual riding experience for the untrained.
I hope this helps.
Respectfully,
Harry

Hey Guys,
I took it two years ago after a long hiatus from riding, and it was a great refresher. Of course, I waited around trying to catch one of the free courses in NJ, and from the moment the registration opened, I stayed On Hold for about two hours, before having the message change that the class was now full. After two attempts with the same outcome, I just paid for the course and took it at a community college up in North Jersey, about two hours away. It was well worth it. If I remember, the instructors were equating the skills learned with about six months of actual riding experience for the untrained.
I hope this helps.
Respectfully,
Harry
The key to getting is is to have a family member work for the MVC in Trenton. that's how we got in. in previous years, i paid to do it.

Roebling, we are neighbors. Welcome aboard.

Greg

Back