Resizing your pictures

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
This is the easiest way that I have found to reduce picture size.  It is a quick free download from Microsoft which allows you to reduce picture size with a click of your mouse.  All you have to do once downloaded is to open the picture then right click on it.  It will open a dropdown menu where you'll see "Resize Pictures" then you can click on what size you want the picture to be.  It will then resize it and save it in the same location as the orignal with the same name but with the size added to the end (small). Best of all you don't loose any picture quality.  Follow the link below and look about half way down the page for "Image Resizer"
http://www.microsoft.com/windows....ys.mspx

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145368471 -->

resize.JPG

cool.gif
no problem just passing it on. One other great feature is that you can resize more then one picture at a time. Just highlight all the pictures you want to resize and go with it. it will sort them all out the same way it will do one.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Can you tell it to make them all 204800 bytes? I have been trying to get mine down to that size and they are looking horrible. Resizing, cropping, reducing the MP settings on camera etc.

no the only thing you can do is the size. You can select the sizes listed or make a custom size by clicking on the advanced tab.
When it reduces the picture size it also reduces the file size.

Can you tell it to make them all 204800 bytes? I have been trying to get mine down to that size and they are looking horrible. Resizing, cropping, reducing the MP settings on camera etc.
That would be tough for any utility to do. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done.

Problem is that each picture compresses differently and would yield a different size. You could take 5 different pictures, each the same original pixel size and each would be different file sizes. Resizing them would reduce the file size, but each would still be a different filesize.

Make sense?

Can you tell it to make them all 204800 bytes?  I have been trying to get mine down to that size and they are looking horrible.  Resizing, cropping, reducing the MP settings on camera etc.
What format are the original pictures in? If they're .BMP or .TIF for example they're going to be big to begin with.

You need to save them as/convert them to .JPG - it's a compressed format so you can get the image size down without losing quality.

You're the man...
Works great, just downloaded it to try. Too easy and perfect for creating avatars and such. Heck it works so well I might even use it at the office. SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH, don't want anyone knowing trade secrets...
Thank's again buddy
bowdown.gif

Back