Best gel riding gloves for the summer

N2260V

Registered
Hey all! For warm weather, what's the best glove? I'm talking touring with the Hayabusa so it'll be perforated and have silicone gel on the palm. I rode the IBA's 1000 miles in 24hrs and when I was done I couldn't feel my thumb and first 2 fingers on either hand for a week afterward. Seems to press right on the carple tunnel, deadening my hand. Need the silicone gel. I read it's the best for spreading out the vibration and pressure riding in a sportbike stance. What do you all ride long distances in the hot weather with? Thanks, Walt

Try using your torso/legs to support more of your weight when you ride. Also, consider Genmar or Reaper risers to raise the handlebars. For really long distances I also add a tank bag full of clothes etc. so that I can rest my upper body on it when doing the long straights on the highway.

It's all about getting the pressure off those arms.

Thanks for the tips! I 've got the genmar's and a huge tankbag to fill with clothes...I'll be putting those on when the weather turns better here in MT. I'd like a gel palm, hot weather riding glove to help. Any ideas, thanks, Walt

Just noticed you were in MT. Just thought I'd drop a line and see if I'll be able to pull the bike out when I get back in town, lol.

-Kimball

This is a good thread....I'd like to know what everyone uses for summer riding gloves too...

Right now I have my gauntlet style non perforated (Buell) gloves. (shut up PD)

other than that, I use my shift MX gloves...no gel in the palm tho..

What are the best warm weather riding gloves out there?

Back