weird tail light problem

AZIROC

Registered
so i go to school tonight (6pm) and park the bike..yadda yadda yadda. i get out of class at 8:10pm, and what do i see.. a tail light on. so i freak for a sec and reach for my key in my pocket *making sure i didnt leave it in the ignition* and sure enough, key was in my pocket. i dont remember the tail light being on when i put the disk locks on the bike. anywho, turn the bike on, lights come on, ect.. go to start it.. nothen. i turn the key off and start 2 call a friend. while im calling, notice the tail light is off *like its suppose 2 b* so i turn the bike back on.. and after a sec of "trying" she fires right up. when i checked the clock on the bike, it said 1:01.. so basically, the bike died/light came on, or whatever happened at roughly 7:09pm.

so my ? is.. anyone know y my tail light came on? i have a morning class after work ( @ work now) and i just wanna make sure i can make it home/to class. im going 2 be checking the bike thruought the night while at work 2 c if the light comes on, as well as put a full charge on the battery around 6am (i leave at 7am), hopefully IF the tail light comes on, the battery will have enough juice in it for the hr im at school in the AM to not die on me.

You likely put the switch in the last position before off that leaves the tail light on. I did it when I first got the bike. Seems like a dumb feature though.

Well are you sure you had not turned on the parking light?? After you lock the bike, if you move the key further then it goes into parking mode... which means the handle is locked, and the rear light is switched on!! I suppose thats what happenend to you!

yea... thats what happened.. i went out and tried it, and sure enough, thats what happened. thats a dumb feature! thanks though guys!

yea... thats what happened.. i went out and tried it, and sure enough, thats what happened. thats a dumb feature! thanks though guys!
Your welcome...
biggrin.gif

...and I dont think its a dumb feature, it will come in handy if you get stuck somewhere on a highway with out lights...

All the bikes have that feature. Like a "Parking" light.

I believe it's a requirement from Europe that is carried over. They don't want to pay for a different ignition switch, so we all get that option.

Same goes for the little white lights to the front on some bikes, and the extra bright single rear red lamp that you see on some "Grey Market" imported cars.

actually i used it the other day when i was helping out a guy who broke down on the sise of the road...I left the acc on so i could use my hazards so people could see him i think it is a great idea

actually i used it the other day when i was helping out a guy who broke down on the sise of the road...I left the acc on so i could use my hazards  so people could see him  i  think it is a great idea
I'd think it was great if I had hazards. Other than that, they should've put a time out on it or something.

actually i used it the other day when i was helping out a guy who broke down on the sise of the road...I left the acc on so i could use my hazards  so people could see him  i  think it is a great idea
I'd think it was great if I had hazards.  Other than that, they should've put a time out on it or something.
Did you take them off? If not, there's a switch on the right handlebar just for that feature.
wink.gif

Back