New Owner

sugarbear

Registered
Good day all.

Two weeks ago I bought a new (left-over) 2012 Hayabusa LE.

My wife has a 2013 Ninja 1000 and we do a lot of sport touring. I was on a 2012 Triumph Speed Triple; but it seemed not to handle all the miles we do very well. We normally do 10,000 to 12,000 KM per year on our bikes. I was looking at a ZX-14 and the Hayabusa, and after demoing both last year at demo rides; I preferred the Suzuki's more sporting feel and positioning.

I had looked at this particular bike last year at the dealership; and after deciding a couple of weeks ago it was time to replace the Triumph, I was surprised to find it still there. I was super excited and things went pretty smoothly. It was a great deal ($4000 off), and with Suzuki's current promotion; came with a 5 year, unlimited mileage warranty. Hard to go wrong!

We live in Edmonton, AB, and often head south for a week or two each summer to put some serious miles on our bikes; and find some corners. :)

hayabusa_sm.jpg

Oh, just to add, I've already added the MFW Vario footpegs (30mm arm); and ordered a set of Helibars. The bags I was using before (Coretech) seem to work just fine; and I have a couple of Kreiga tail bags that also seem to work just great as well.

I'm hoping to finish up the break-in mileage over the next week or so.

This is my daily driver in the summer months (usually mid-april until mid-October).

Welcome and congrats on the new Busa :beerchug:

That is 1 of the best color schemes for the Busa!!

Pictures of the pegs. :) Love the fact that they are easy to rotate (they lock into place); so lots of flexibility for positioning. There are 3 pieces, the footpeg mount point, the arm (I think 3 different lengths), and then pegs (some choices there as well).

pegs1-sm.jpg

pegs2-sm.jpg

Glad you didn't go with that ugly Kawi. It's the best choice you made, it begins with Haya and ends with Busa. There really isn't much more to say about that. When I bought mine last year, I was looking for a commuter, a 600. But I found my 2012 BRAND new, where I bought my other two bikes, and the battery was never installed. I wasn't excited, thought I wouldn't like it. But, I was wrong. It's bar none the best bike I've owned and ridden. Just hold on when the needle hits 8k. I have an Ivan's TRE I bought new from Ivan himself if you were interested.

Nice bike. :thumbsup: and :welcome:

I noticed in your first post (the picture of your bike) it looks like the patio is sloping away from the house.
That means the Busa is pointing downhill slightly. It would not take much at all for it to roll forward and fall over.

Just so you know a tip over of most Busa's is about a $3000 - $4000 bill.

Doing the kick stand mod is something that most guys do here. It doesn't cost anything other then some time to do it.
It moves the kick stand forward so that it would take a longer roll to fold it up. That makes it less likely that it will tip over.

Search and you will find many posts about a kick stand mod.

Would hate to see a nice bike like yours (or any Busa really) on it's side. :banghead:

My camera angle is off; so it looks worse than it really is. :) The slope is about 1" over 6'; so very unlikely to cause an issue. I always leave it in gear as well; never in nuetral.

It's definitely the best bike I've ever owned. I've not had a lot (9) over the 36 years I've been riding; but I've ridden a lot of different bikes. It's a crazy nice "SPORT-touring" bike. :) Almost finished up the break-in mileage in a week and a half. I had better get my first service scheduled!

Back