Hayabusa Newbie

JW983

Registered
Hello forum.

Just thought id come in and introduce myself. I am sure I will have some questions that might indicate iam new to owning a hayabusa. Ive owned several bike for almost 10 years now, but always admired these bikes and respected the power. I've recently got back into buying and selling bikes and came across an amazing deal on a 2006 Hayabusa. Its in somewhat rough shape as the previous owners son crashed it, or so he says lol. The windscreen is gone, bars tweaked, plastics rashed, but she still rides like a dream. Only 10,000 miles and in otherwise good condition minus the left exhaust falling off on my 1hr long interstate ride home. But I know the demand and "lifestyle" behind these bikes and got this bike several thousand below NADA. I did notice them to be a bit more motor noise in the cams, but figured due to the 2x the motor im used to. The gas gauge seems to drop rather quick, but figured missing one exhaust pipe and an hr ride had something to do with it. Ill continue to look through threads and see if I can answer some of my own questions. If anyone reads a possible read flag I appreciate the tip.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the oRg. I have always been partial to the 06 LE's and you should be able to fix her up like new. So what is the plan, you looking to flip this bike or keep it for yourself?

Thanks! Well the plan is initially to flip it, but I have to say its pretty nice to know I have that much power sitting in my garage lol. But I have a 9month old son who brings me back to reality, plus I know I would probably spend a fortune on it.

Here is a bike i just did. 2008 R6s

1622423_10154855887890602_6357833059585849135_o.jpg

Hi,,glad you joined us..

The gas gauge does move a bit faster than many other bikes. You have to get the power from somewhere.

Welcome to the .org! I always loved the 06 les. Good luck with the bike!

good project

Hi,,glad you joined us..

The gas gauge does move a bit faster than many other bikes. You have to get the power from somewhere.

Falling off? Classic!! Rode home more than 2x with no exhaust can. My ears were ringing for days.

Let me know if I can help with your 'flipping' !! Keep us posted with your progress.

Here are a few ideas for you:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/pashnitbusa-com/146457-modding-new-pashnit-busa.html

--> http://wwww.PashnitBusa.com

Plus free stuff through Monday.

View attachment 279189

Thanks guys!

Yeah it gets loud without the can. What made it worse was apparently someone jumped from the over pass, so we sat in bumper to bumper for 2miles.

I've finally got the plastic off. So nice of Suzuki to rivet the brake line to the fender... the previous ran those underbody lights, but did some terrible wiring. So while I'm waiting on paint I'll probably be tighting up the wiring. As well as looking into the fuel filter. Might explain the cut out at high RPM.

Here is some of the wiring craziness I was talking about. Ive did some untangling and tracing and found out I have a GPS locater, and Alarm. As well as the conviently "Seahawks" Color lights haha.. Now I just have to undo their crap and make it a little cleaner.

20141201_184012.jpg

20141201_184022.jpg

20141201_190510.jpg

reminds me of my bike when I got it. an 06 LE as well. previous owner added some lights like that but do a horrible job at placement. there was one on the small plastic below the X pipe. needless to say it melted and I ripped it all out befor I ever got to see what it looked like or what color they were. ride this bike for a bit, it might change your mind of flipping it.

So after two weeks ive got my plastics back from my paint guy. He still has to touch up the front tire hugger.
At this point so far Ive

-Replaced Mirrors
-Windscreen (Re-Bent Mounts)
-Paint (Arctic white with Blue Pearl)
-Cleaned Injectors, Changed plugs, cleaned fuel filter.
- Replaced headlight toggle/harness
- New mid pipe and
-Redid wiring for neon lights.

20141213_110424.jpg

20141212_153648.jpg

20141213_213357.jpg
20141213_213339.jpg
20141213_192013.jpg

The bike was laid down and bent the right handle bar, Ive tried to straighten with a 4ft piece of pipe as leverage but not been successful. When i turn to the right it rubs the plastic. Ive finally decided to just remove it and see what I can with it off the bike. Also putting the plastic back on seems to be tough. The right side went on fine, but the left seems to not want to fit. If i start at the front it wont reach in the back and vice versa. So I started from the bottom "V" and got the closest but still no luck.

Back