Problem

barkleyw

Registered
So it seems I bought a project bike - here is a quick summary...started up fine this morning....rolled it out of the garage to test the clutch lever (another post I have). I went to release the clutch and it stalled and won't start.

Not getting any error codes....I replaced the starter the other day and it started fine after that but now something else is wrong. I took the cover plate off that exposes the end of the starter and pulled that gear assembly out and tested the starter to make sure the noise wasn't coming from the starter - it wasn't - it seems to be something past that.

Right after it shut down and I tried to start it again and it was acting like it was not getting fuel - then it seems like something is bound up. Battery is fully charged as far as cranking power.

Here is a video of it....have no clue where to even start....

Attachments

• My Movie2.wmv
    4 MB · Views: 91
Yes but from what I read I was gonna say clutch safety switch :laugh:
Hopefully you get it ironed out.

Leaning towards the starter clutch I took a closer look - I discovered the starter clutch cover was cracked and then started looking at the starter clutch. It spins freely forward and backward and also slides in and out a bit - not sure if this play should be in there?

I don't have any impact tools so anyone have a trick to getting that bolt off to pull the starter clutch out?

Also - do they sell rebuild kits for that or do you have to buy the whole assembly.

Lastly - where is the best place to get this stuff without breaking the bank?

Attachments

• Starter Clutch.wmv
    5.2 MB · Views: 46
Back