Vacuum hose for seafoam?

Mikeyknows

Registered
Hi,

its a rookie question I know but where is the vacuum hose? I want to put Seafoam to clean it up a bit and I was not able to find it. Some diesel was in the gas tank (someone else did this and I was forced to replace the spark plugs since they fouled with some much carbon, that's why I want to clean the system of any excess carbon build up. Any help is much appreciated.

Drain the tank and put in fresh gas. Then follow the instructions on the can for the fuel . I doubt it was run enough with diesel to foul up much else. But, the vacuum line should be on the front of the TB if you really want to put some in there. How How would a diesel nozzle fit the filler tube??

Sent from my JKU!

For my rotary (RX8) I would run the motor with a vacuum tube sucking in distilled water. Rotary motors can't get hydrolocked, so it won't harm it. Piston motors can get damage since liquids won't compress.

Still, I didn't use seafoam with vacuum tubes on my rotary. I used seafoam in two ways:

1. Standard, pour it into the fuel tank.

2. I removed the spark plugs from the motor, and poured seafoam directly into the motor, then turned it over a bit and let it soak. Reinstall spark plugs and enjoy 5 minutes of insane smoke.

Drain the tank and put in fresh gas. Then follow the instructions on the can for the fuel . I doubt it was run enough with diesel to foul up much else. But, the vacuum line should be on the front of the TB if you really want to put some in there. How How would a diesel nozzle fit the filler tube??

Sent from my JKU!

For my rotary (RX8) I would run the motor with a vacuum tube sucking in distilled water. Rotary motors can't get hydrolocked, so it won't harm it. Piston motors can get damage since liquids won't compress.

Still, I didn't use seafoam with vacuum tubes on my rotary. I used seafoam in two ways:

1. Standard, pour it into the fuel tank.

2. I removed the spark plugs from the motor, and poured seafoam directly into the motor, then turned it over a bit and let it soak. Reinstall spark plugs and enjoy 5 minutes of insane smoke.

I have looked around and it seems I have yet to see anyone with a hayabusa say they have poured it through the vacuum tube, it is usually people just pouring it in the gas tank, it seems odd.

I poured some Seafoam in the gas tank and i did see an improvement in performance but just in the future I want to be able to pour it in the vacuum tube, i guess i can pour it directly into the throttle body, I think that works the same.

Who put diesel fuel in your bike?

How far or long did it run with diesel fuel in it?
Did you drain the tank completely? Add fresh fuel and run it since?
Did it run OK?

Who put diesel fuel in your bike?

How far or long did it run with diesel fuel in it?
Did you drain the tank completely? Add fresh fuel and run it since?
Did it run OK?

The guy I bought it from used a tank usually used to carrying diesel, well it was empty but still had residue diesel. When they filled it with gas and pour it into the bike, there was more diesel than he thought and still ran it, it was throwing white smoke and flames when you would rev it high. It was running rough and eventually it wouldn't start, the spark plugs were full of carbon so they were replaced, the fuel tank was emptied and fresh gas was put in. its running better but I am just concerned with all the carbon in the system and I want to find out where to pour the Seamfoam so that in can cycle in the system other than through the gas tank.

How much seafoam did you use? How many tanks of clean gas did you run through the bike so far? Your not gonna be able 2 just run your bike for 5mins after adding sea foam and expect it to run good as new after having diesel in the system.

What year is your bike?

How big was the container with diesel in it? 5 gallon? A quart left in it and then filled with 4¾ gallons of gas?
That would make it smoke etc for sure. But probably not damage it.

Just curious, did you buy it with the diesel in it? Or did the previous owner tell you what happened?

IMO If it were my bike and I was overly concerned with the vacuum lines etc I would just replace them.
Getting seafoam into the rubber vacuum lines could be a hassle and messy. Easier to just replace especially if they are older.
Save yourself some trouble with them cracking or leaking and get new ones and you should be set for a long time.
Then just add the seafoam to the gas tank as recommended and ride it. Then a tank of fresh gas only. If it runs OK problem fixed.
If not another round of seafoam, and repeat as necessary.

I hope you got a killer deal on a used bike that had diesel fuel run through it.

I think what he's talking about is some people stick a vacum line directly in a container of seafoam and run their motor that way to clean the valves and combustion chambers. In that case I would configure your motor as if you were doing a Throttle body synch and use those one at a time instead of a synch tool. If you do this you will not get the benefit of getting your injectors clean.

Something you may want to do is remove your fuel rail and injectors and clean out the intake screens on the injectors or better yet, send them in to get the whole injector cleaned.

I used to use techron but have since switched to Seafoam. The bike runs great on it and I use 6 ounces in a full tank of gas every other tank or so.

I think what he's talking about is some people stick a vacum line directly in a container of seafoam and run their motor that way to clean the valves and combustion chambers. In that case I would configure your motor as if you were doing a Throttle body synch and use those one at a time instead of a synch tool. If you do this you will not get the benefit of getting your injectors clean.

Something you may want to do is remove your fuel rail and injectors and clean out the intake screens on the injectors or better yet, send them in to get the whole injector cleaned.

I used to use techron but have since switched to Seafoam. The bike runs great on it and I use 6 ounces in a full tank of gas every other tank or so.

You get where I am coming from, many people dont know that you can run seafoam into the vacuum line.

I never saw how much diesel was put in it, the seller and me fixed the problem quite quick. I think I did get a killer deal, I payed $5,000 and it only has 3400 miles and it runs real good. Wanting to run Seafoam on it is more as part of its maintenance but the hayabusa's vacumm line and other things are different (of course) than other manufacturers.

gas tank, vac line brake booster...and engine (should change oil after)

foam engine cleaner in a Subaru WRX - YouTube[/url]

it also cleans up sensors some of the time if your dash is showing a code

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a turbo so my lines are different but I believe I used the waste gate line, really can't remember. I installed a fitting with a very small hole to restrict the amount of seafoam going into vacuum line smoked like crazy.

Ok, you are making this way too difficult. Forget about looking
for a vacuum line to run seafoam through your bike. You drained
the tank and changed the plugs...put fresh gas and seafoam in
the tank and ride it like ya stole it...put some miles on the bike
burn up that entire tank of fuel with the seafoam, and then one
more tank of fuel and your bike will be as good as new!

The diesel will not hurt the fuel system, but it will create soot
(carbon) in the combustion chamber and the exhaust system.
The seafoam will clean everything up, but it will make the bike
run a little rough too...

Ok, you are making this way too difficult. Forget about looking
for a vacuum line to run seafoam through your bike. You drained
the tank and changed the plugs...put fresh gas and seafoam in
the tank and ride it like ya stole it...put some miles on the bike
burn up that entire tank of fuel with the seafoam, and then one
more tank of fuel and your bike will be as good as new!

The diesel will not hurt the fuel system, but it will create soot
(carbon) in the combustion chamber and the exhaust system.
The seafoam will clean everything up, but it will make the bike
run a little rough too...

I think you are right, thats pretty much what I am doing and I will leave it at that.

Back