Picking up 1st Busa on Tuesday !

geordie

Registered
Had a few big bikes over the years -- zzr1200, ZX12 (which I should have kept as it was a great bike) and am trading my 2011GTR 1400 for the Busa. Getting some cashback on the deal as the Busa is a 2009 bike.
Although the GTR is a very good bike, it's never quite done it for me - I've always felt a bit old on it with textiles etc.. so I'm looking forward to getting the 'loud' leathers on again since the bike is an orange and black one.
I've always loved the look of the 'busa but actually never ridden one so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's comfy enough ? ( I'm 6ft 3 and a bout 14 stone ) - I know its not going to be as good as the GTR in that department - but I'm hoping it'll be as good as the ZX12 was.
Its a 6 hour each way ride to swap over the bikes so I've booked a b&b and I bet it'll be pouring with rain all the way there and back !!

Congrats and let us know how much you love it when you get to take that first ride!!! And pics are :rulez:

Welcome to the oRg!! :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: those colors were on the 2008 first Gen II models in the US, enjoy, post some pix when you get her.

If you were touring I don't see why you let go of the concourse ABS, Traction control nice extra's for long distance touring, enjoy the ride Busa a great bike

There are a lot of guys on here your height and they seem to have no problem getting comfortable on her. Welcome!

I shouldn't have got rid of the ZX12 tbh - although the GTR1400 is a lovely bike, it's never really done it for me.
It's always left me feeling a little 'old'. For me the performance of most bikes nowadays is far beyond my skills and I don't ride like I did as a 20 year old anymore.( if I did, i'd have killed myself on the '12 or the GTR) How a bike makes me feel is more important to me and I've always wanted a busa. Now as I'm nearly 50 - it's now or never - and I decided that its 'now'

Finally got it ! -- ( pics to follow - promise !)
- 1st thoughts:
300 mile ride home took about 5 hrs in crap weather
Comfort: - not as bad as I thought it'd be. Took 200 miles before a sore arse set in. Wrists and hips fine.. Right hand started to go numb after 250 miles but tbh it was about the same as on the GTR1400
Engine: - far more 'revvy' than the GTR and nowhere near as smooth - but more immediate if that makes sense!
Gearbox: - loads better than all the Kawasakis I've ridden - all through the box.
Brakes: - lots worse than the GTR
How it made me feel: -- brilliant/ special/ young again ------- exactly what I hoped it's be !

It's an 09 Orange and black which is quite rare in my neck of the woods and if I didn't know better I'd think it was brand new. There's not a mark on it anywhere. The only thing I don't like is the aftermarket screen (A zero gravity touring black touring screen I think) it's the first bike for years that I've had to go into my garage just to look at it !!

I had a BMW GS1200 and I would ride that all day over the GTR. Think of the busa as a more comfortable zx-12 with more bottom end.

Funny, the longest bike I owned was a zzr-1100 modified to do long distance touring. So I have owned most of the bikes except for the GTR.

I sat on the GTR and it seemed very heavy and underpowered. If they put the new x-14r motor into that bike, I might look at it.

Get some bar risers on the busa and it helps a lot and a throttle lock of some kind for long trips.

Enjoy

Back