OTD Price & Insurance Price for 05' Lmtd

tonyy1

Donating Member
Registered
a few questions, I've been patiently waiting for the local cycle shop to get a 05 Limited Busa in, but to no avail finally put my name on a call list and said probably sometime in mid March. it's ok I've waited this long so I can wait just a little bit longer. My questions is the sales rep said the best they could do would be $11200± before tags, title..... my first question is what prices have you guys seen the Limited being sold for?

Part II is about insurance quotes for first time Busa owners? a little background about me, I'm 30 will be a first time Busa owner, married, own home, and 1 kid.... pretty mature but was getting outragous insurance quotes. my Homeowners (Nationwide) quoted me of approx $7,000 per year, our car insurance (Geico) quoted me of approx $4,500 per year, and the cheapest I've found was through State Farm which was approx $1,800 per year. Are these typical prices I should have expected. the $1,800 is alot considering I only pay about $600 a year for full coverage on my car in VA (Hampton Roads). any suggestions on other carriers?
thanks.
Tony

I would think you could find a lower price on the bike. As far as insurance, State Farm is popular here on the board, as well as cheapest. I am single, 34, no tickets. 396 per year full coverage.

I'm sure you could do better on the OTD price. Just work'em a bit more. As far as insurance, I'm with state farm, 25, single no tickets & I pay close to $500. bucks a year for full coverage. By the way, welcome aboard
wink.gif

Insurance too high, look around for a better deal.

You can get a better price on the Busa, but you'll have to shop around though, might not be worth the effort.

The $11K+ seems a tad high for a LE model. I think here in MN one of our Twin Cities area dealers is listing the '05 at $9395 and the LE for $500 more.

Insurance... I am 34, married, no kids, State Farm gives me full coverage for just under $400 a year, but I carry a 500 deductible for collision.

Is the Hayabusa to be your first bike in some time? I know some companies vary rates based on how long you've been an active rider. I had more than 10 years with State Farm on small-displacement bikes before I got my '04.

so it seems like it's just me, now either of you guys have bikes registered in your name before? thats whats hurting me, if not, I need your agents #.
now I need to find a reputable dealer in Hampton Roads that I can goto, everyone can special order one, but nobody has them in the showroom.

thanks busahaya I'll be around for quite some time

so it seems like it's just me, now either of you guys have bikes registered in your name before? thats whats hurting me, if not, I need your agents #.
now I need to find a reputable dealer in Hampton Roads that I can goto, everyone can special order one, but nobody has them in the showroom.

thanks busahaya I'll be around for quite some time
I have decent rates with State Farm also. I think insurance companies have different rates for different areas of the country, at least they used to. I don't know what's up but that could have something to do with it if you're in one of the more expensive areas.

Kevin

GOOD LUCK getting a better price! If I was the dealer, I wouldn't lower the price. The bike is worth that amount and the dealer knows it! Try AAA, they gave me a good price! $643/yr. full cov.

Welcome to the board. Those prices are all too high. Time to start shoppin'.
wink.gif

I paid $10600 OTD back in March of last year for an 04, but not limited. As far as insurance, I'm only 23 right now and I'm around $100 a month. Hoping for that to come down when I turn 25. I also have State Farm.

State Farm has given some of the best prices on insurance for most folks here. Most dealers don't waiver too much on the price of the Limiteds, but they should still be just slightly higher than the regular '05s.

I paid 10700 out the door for an 04 LE and my insurance is roughly a 1,000/year full cov.

<!--EDIT|#cruncherbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109088964 -->

I got state farm and I pay 420. full w/500 deductable. as for the bike its a highley sought after bike but try the web for out of state dealers.

oh things are getting so much better just got off the phone with another State Farm rep who quoted me approx $719 a year for the 05 Busa. but I had to switch the cars over their also so $183 for 6 months for both cars full coverage.... the difference of $1,100 was just for turning 30 this month. and I used to think it sucked getting older. now I need to find a local dealer that can do better on the OTD price.

I am with Nationwide here in Fredericksburg VA, 30 , married , 2 kids and I pay 390 a year for my 05 busa.

hmmmm only difference is location and # of kids........... I'm sure the Hampton Roads area with all the military and tourists would have to give a break on insurance prices, so the only other difference is the extra child. so it seems if I have an extra kid I can save about 300 a month on insurance for the bike... sweet I'll be back in a few. lol
and up in Fredericksburg how much did you pay OTD GD4GVN. I want a 05 limited but blue/silver would be my next choice if it's not really close to black.

Back