New guy...doing my research

K-Horn

Registered
Hey all. My name is Kyle, I am 28 years old and am stationed at Luke AFB in AZ. I have ridden off and on since I was 12. My last bike was a CBR1100XX, which I really enjoyed but needed a change so got rid of it. I currently don't own a bike but would like one to park next to my 06 Ram SRT-10. Would love a bike that my 6' wife can easily hop on the back of and one that is fast...so now I am looking at the legendary 'Busa. So, I am just here for research at the moment but hope to be ready to buy within the next year. And the research begins....

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Forget the research, The Busa is the ultimate Sport Touring ride. She will love it. As long as you don't dump her off the back ....

Judging from your last bike and your 6ft tall significant other you really only have 2 options.......... Suzuki Hayabusa and the Cowasaki ZX-14. And being that your on a Hayabusa forum you know which way the pendulum swings in favor to :whistle: that being said coming from an obviously biased perspective i prefer the busa. Like the overall look vs the 14. I'm a mod type of guy so I can't leave well enough alone so I love the fact that busas are so customizable and you can truly make the bike 1 of a kind to suit your every need.........

Thanks guys! Yeah I have pretty much settled on the 'busa. I like the styling and power in both the busa and the zx14 but as mentioned before, the aftermarket support for the busa is 10 times better. Truth be told, I am a CBR fan but Honda wont try to compete in the big sportbike game. The more I look at a busa, the more impatient I get to have one of my own. The research I will be doing is the differences in the years, what mods are available for each one, etc. I would love to get a 2nd gen but that is doubtfully in the cards. I will likely have less than $8k to spend on one. I have seen quite a few in that price range locally, of those a few that really caught my eye. Hope to learn as much as I can about the busa while I am here....and hopefully soon I will be able to contibute with stories of my own busa.

$8000 Should land you a 2008... That's the first year of the gen2. There is nothing different other than the color of the plastics and style of te graphics from a 2008 to a 2012. The new 2013 has Abs but is the same bike. The 99-00 models are un restricted but are know to have fuel system issues. Look at the history of the BUSA section of this forum and you will learn lots. The gen 2 had major upgrades...anyone who has a gen 2 will tell you it's worth the extra cash (if you have it).

Welcome to the oRg and thank you for your service. Be patient, you can find a good Gen II for around 8k. Not sure how your 6ft wife will fit on the back, but it will worlds better than any other sport bike. I have Corbin saddles on mine, and my wife has a back rest. What kind of riding will you be doing? Touring, just around town?

Most of our riding will be just around town....the farthest we really drive is 90 minutes one way. Though we would like to travel with it if we can....maybe a trip to Cali.

Get a Busa, now! :laugh:

If you enjoyed your 1100 you'll love the Busa, its right up the same alley and the Blackbird, just a bit newer or more refined.

Luke AFB you say.... When I was 15 I spent 2 weeks with my brother who was stationed there... Ahhhh the snake river... I used to go on top of the dorms while my brother went to work and sit on a lawn chair drink beer and watch F15's and F16's do touch and go's and fly bye's What an awesome place to be.... Thank you for your service and brining back some great memories..

Most of our riding will be just around town....the farthest we really drive is 90 minutes one way. Though we would like to travel with it if we can....maybe a trip to Cali.

I am pretty sure you can tour on a busa, saw a couple guys last year post up some pictures. :-)

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

The Busa has Ben the ONLY street bike I've ever owned. I've had two of them over the past few years. The have been great and reliable motorcycles both time. I fell in love with the busa as soon as I took my first ride on one a haven't looked back since. And if you can keep this a secret and not tell the whole board about it. I may or may not occasionally give my Busa a kiss good night. Only when she has washed and waxed herself though

Back