Hallo everybody- going to be a new Hayabusa owner

calibano

Registered
First of all Hallo everybody and thank you for the opportunity to share new experiences with you.
I am writing from italy a world of Ducati and BMW where driving Suzuki is not so fashionable.
Driving a Suzuki Hayabusa a bit "unusual" :-)
I have used Suzuki Bandit for the last 10 years (1250cc) and travelled thousands of miles around Europe. FANTASTIC!!
well, now I have decided to change something and falling in loved with a BUSA I have decided to buy it, next monday!!!
but I have a few questions I hope you will help me to answer.
1. a second hand hayabusa 2011 with 15000 miles could still be good? Considering it received regular services form suzuki.
2.I am a traveller I like riding my bike for long distances and even 500 miles a day with my girlfriend and luggage. Is hayabusa suitable?
3. How many miles can a hayabusa LAST (in its life)? I sold my last Suzuki Bandit 1250 after 50,000 miles and it was still perfect.
4. If you have any suggestion I am glad to listen to you.

thank you for any answer, idea and suggestion.
ciao.

First of all Hallo everybody and thank you for the opportunity to share new experiences with you.
I am writing from italy a world of Ducati and BMW where driving Suzuki is not so fashionable.
Driving a Suzuki Hayabusa a bit "unusual" :-)
I have used Suzuki Bandit for the last 10 years (1250cc) and travelled thousands of miles around Europe. FANTASTIC!!
well, now I have decided to change something and falling in loved with a BUSA I have decided to buy it, next monday!!!
but I have a few questions I hope you will help me to answer.
1. a second hand hayabusa 2011 with 15000 miles could still be good? Considering it received regular services form suzuki.

Yes!

2.I am a traveller I like riding my bike for long distances and even 500 miles a day with my girlfriend and luggage. Is hayabusa suitable?

Yes it is, a very capable long distance tourer.

3. How many miles can a hayabusa LAST (in its life)? I sold my last Suzuki Bandit 1250 after 50,000 miles and it was still perfect.

We have several members with over 100,000 miles. They will last as long as you take care of them.

4. If you have any suggestion I am glad to listen to you.

thank you for any answer, idea and suggestion.
ciao.

Welcome to the oRg! :welcome:

Thank you twotonevert
my biggest concern is the idea of a second hand bike. I've always bought brand new bikes and I am afraid to buy a kind of junk.???
Really hope not to be too disappointed.
Is the power of hayabusa something I should be afraid of?
I may appear ridicolous but coming from bandit 1250 I have a strange feeling of enthusiasm, respect and fear for the Hayabusa.

Welcome, 15000 miles is nothing for these bikes. They are also very good for 2 up and luggage. Have fun and post up pictures when you get her.

Thank you twotonevert
my biggest concern is the idea of a second hand bike. I've always bought brand new bikes and I am afraid to buy a kind of junk.???
Really hope not to be too disappointed.
Is the power of hayabusa something I should be afraid of?
I may appear ridicolous but coming from bandit 1250 I have a strange feeling of enthusiasm, respect and fear for the Hayabusa.

If you have been riding for that long, you know what to look for. Check the chain and sprockets, fluids, etc. Replace as needed and do your regular maintenance. :thumbsup:

If you have any questions about milage ask a member here that goes by sleepless_red. He just went over 100,000 this last summer and bought his brand new. His bike also looks brand new, probably one of the best looking bikes on the org. The gen2s are dang near bullet proof in stock form. Welcome to the org man, if you have any questions there's always someone here that will help. We have people that long distance ride, drag strip, road course, land speed racing and show bikes, so anything you have a question about we should have an answer for.

Your Bandit likely had a more comfortable long distance riding position. The Busa is no more aggressive then you want it to be.

thank you all.
if you were here I would invite for a glass of Valpolicella Classico :-) (if you like red wine)

:welcome: to the board...there are several of us around with 75,000-100,000 miles on our bikes without any issues...as far as i'm concerned, the Busa is the best bike on the planet if you are looking for a single bike that will do it all very well :beerchug:

2.I am a traveler I like riding my bike for long distances and even 500 miles a day with my girlfriend and luggage. Is hayabusa suitable?

Yes.

1000 Mile Day. Easy. Just a matter of setting the bike up for you and your lady. Limitless list of mods you can do to set it up for you & your ride style.
Here's 32 pages of mods to mine: http://www.pashnit.com/hayabusa-mods-genII.htm
And 15K is nothing on these bikes. Barely broken in. Best to you in your purchase and welcome to the madness!! :thumbsup:

7941464944_71004bcde8_b.jpg

7993774405_49535f1344_b.jpg

Mamma mia!:cheerleader:
my enthusiasm is getting greater and greater.
last year we rode from Verona (IT) to Budapest (HU) not a long way but next summer the plan is to go to Madrid, Pamplona, San Sebastian... crossing Alps an Pirenei.
Look forward to getting the Hayabusa!!!

How she gets in her old age is up to the one who takes care of her. We have a member here with over 100,000 miles and it still looks brand new.
My GENII has over 25000 on she gets smoother each ride she takes me on

Back