First ever ride on my 09 busa

Pbadasay

Registered
So we got SOME heat here in indianapolis and that left me no choice but to pull the busa out for a short 150 mile ride lol 45 degrees weather couldn't stop me from a cruise around town. 2 thermals, a thick north face fleece, two pairs of pants and full gear made the ride enjoyable. It was my first time ever riding a busa so I started in mode-c to get comfortable.....rode to the local gas station to air the tires up and put about 75 miles on it then pulled over and changed to mode-b to see if it was a significant difference...it's definitely noticeable from mode-c but nothing crazy and nothing a smart rider who respects the busa with a few miles of riding under their belt couldn't handle. Then after about 60 miles in mode-b, I filled her up with some fresh 93 octane gas and let her ride in mode-a....to keep it simple, all my mind could do is :laugh: and think "HOLY CRAP"! Now I see where the busa gets its name lol anything past 4500rpm and you're in for a arm wrenching ride. I absolutely love the bike and am glad I brought her into my garage! Very easy to handle, smooth acceleration, doesn't feel heavy, handles turns easier than expected!

Hoping for more warmer days to come soon!!! Looks like nothing above 19 degrees for the next week or so :banghead:

Random question, I love the look of that helmet...any suggestions on where I can buy one from? I heard they are expensive but you would think it would be cheaper now since the shoei rf-1000 is discontinued and thats what this helmet is based off of and plus its for an '09 Busa

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey, thats myt bike!! Runs to the garage....... Relief....
Hey great color combination and exhaust!! C mode?:rofl: Throws pink panties at ya :laugh:

Sorry but that seat looks like it doesnt belong. lines dont match up. How could a manufacture sell something like that :dunno:

LoL yeah i tried out c-mode for a while...first ride of the season so I wanted to get used to the feel of riding again and a lot of people on here hype the first ride up so much that I psyched myself out lol and I noticed the lines not matching up myself, I contacted the upholster and he said he'll pay to have it fixed so no worries...I had no choice but to ride it as is

She is a *****( PUZZY really going to block the word PUZZY PUZZY willow PUZZY cat) cat in A mode if you dont get throttle happy and take her up to 11K But the fun begins around 6500 WOT..

Are you running the silencer in your Akrapovic?

I am currently running the silencer....I am going to get the bike tuned and ecu flashed when a date becomes available at schnitz racing....I'll take the silencer out then and also remove the o2 sensor and replace it with the bung that came with the pipe...I want to see how much difference there is on the dyno runs with the silencer on and then when its removed...I've heard it's about a 4hp difference but it'll be cool to see for myself

Thank God my bike doesn't have modes! I wouldn't want some dude throwing panties at me!

I am currently running the silencer....I am going to get the bike tuned and ecu flashed when a date becomes available at schnitz racing....I'll take the silencer out then and also remove the o2 sensor and replace it with the bung that came with the pipe...I want to see how much difference there is on the dyno runs with the silencer on and then when its removed...I've heard it's about a 4hp difference but it'll be cool to see for myself

what advantage do feel it will be by removing the 02 sensor for a street bike?
I have seen an average of 2% gain with the full exhaust change from OEM if you can squeeze 4 more HP with the silencer removed someone is blowing smoke up...... well..
The Akrapovic isnt much louder then oem with the silencer in, and IMO sounds perfect with it out and doesnt effect any running conditions.
I am running the OEM map and she is smooth.

Hey great color combination and exhaust!! C mode?:rofl: Throws pink panties at ya :laugh:

Sorry but that seat looks like it doesnt belong. lines dont match up. How could a manufacture sell something like that :dunno:

Seats fine and looks great!

IMG_3247.JPG

Not that the o2 sensor will make a big difference but the cap that came with the exhaust to get rid of the o2 sensor tip that will help a little with airflow...also removing the silencer will help a lot with airflow...that's where the hp gain is supposed to come from I'm taking it...I guess we will see once the dyno is done...and thanks cheferman, my seat needs to be pulled forward just a tad bit to get the black edge of the seat to line up with the frame...

The seat looks fine, Pull the Baffle and leave the O2 Sensor in. Mine runs and Sounds fantastic with the Baffle out and the sensor in.:thumbsup:

Congratulations! I started in C mode too but after about 2 stop lights the devil on my shoulder was calling me wussy names so I went to A. Frankly, they could save that money on the new Busa, I have never used it since the first 10 minutes with the bike - been 4 1/2 years. While you are at Schintz Racing get a set of their 1" riser dog bones - improves handling quite a bit if you're into turning.

be nice about the seat lankee:laugh:...i have the same one..:laugh:

Congratulations! I started in C mode too but after about 2 stop lights the devil on my shoulder was calling me wussy names so I went to A. Frankly, they could save that money on the new Busa, I have never used it since the first 10 minutes with the bike - been 4 1/2 years. While you are at Schintz Racing get a set of their 1" riser dog bones - improves handling quite a bit if you're into turning.

I have never used the mode selector on this Busa. Five years, and My '08 starts getting crazy by 4K RPMs. However it is the black version :rofl: , anyway glad you got your ride on brother and when the roads are cold it's not foolish to take it easy.

Not a tuner or mechanic, but I think the O2 sensor would improve the bikes operation if your pipe had the bung for it. The O2 sensor doesn't increase airflow. If I understood you. My system creates about 12-15 added RWHP and because of the dramatic increase in flow the factory sensor was useless and there was no bung for it. That's my understanding. Experts might come along to straighten me out.

I don't think the bung matter if you do a dyno tune. But if you want to use it a wide band would be better and you would need something to data log it like an AutoTune. If he can get an ECU edit by Schintz, probably won't need it.

You "aired up" your tires to what? And in 45 degree weather.
If you're going by manufacturer's suggested settings, that's 42psi...max, and never good.
42 psi is the max the tire can handle according to the manufacturer. Tires also come up 2 to 3 psi or more as they get hot.
Suzuki doesn't make tires and doesn't want sued, so they just go by the tire makers recommendation, which is always listed as the max. Commonly misunderstood as what the tires should be set at.
The more air in the tire the smaller it's contact patch with the road is, and the less traction you have.
Tire pressure settings will vary depending on your riding style, straightline highway, passenger(add a couple to the rear), or kneedragging or agressive riding, ect.
No way would I have more than 36 to 38 psi hot in my tires, especially on a cold road.:beerchug:

Yeah, I've heard (always gotta take it for what it's worth) that removing the o2 sensor tip out of the pipe and removing the silencer will help the airflow of the exhaust which will help produce more hp...I'm going to leave them both in and see the results on a dyno when I go to tune it and then I'll remove the o2 tip and see if it mattered and then remove the silencer and see the difference....we shall have answer soon enough. I plan on calling Tuesday when they open and setting up a time/date for a tune/flash.

And fellas I only used the mode-selector because the white color is the fastest and I've heard some of you other color owners talk about how fast their bike is....wait until you sit on a white one, its way faster :laugh: lol but ill never touch the mode selector again, unless I happen to get stuck out in rain....

Squale, it's definitely an addiction! I'm on weather.com waiting for the next warm day lol I teased myself the other day, now I can just sit and clean and stare at her lol

Sixpack, I was super low on air...it had 26 in the front and 30.5 in the rear....It sat out on a trailer for 7 hours while it was being driven home from north Michigan so a lot of air was lost...I super appreciate your input and luckily i only aired the tires up to 38 psi :thumbsup: just wanted to get as much tire contact on the road as I could.

Mikey, I appreciate the input!!!! I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find it...I sent him a pm and hope he has my size and still for sale :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: again, appreciate your help :beerchug:

Back