Question after a attempted thief

Txchaser

Registered
Hey

Its 1am in the morning someone just tried to steal my busa. Granted they wasn't expecting someone to come out with a 50cal desert eagle on them. I'm curious what the thief was trying to accomplish by pulling up the black panel on the left side of my busa and disconnecting a green plug in connector. Granted the bike want start now with it unplugged from under the gauges now. Is that a way of hot wiring a hayabusa some way.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

busa.JPG

looks like you got lucky you caught him! no idea what that plug would do though... interested to find out.

He had a spare ignition switch with key, pull back the panel, unplug your switch (green plug) and plug in his, he starts your bike and rides off. Glad you caught the bastard you should of shot him.

And from the looks of your photo, you were about 5-10 seconds away from watching your tailight vanish into darkness.

Ok .. Bikes totally dead right now with it unplugged no power at all. Hope thats all thats wrong with it. I got really lucky he wasn't expecting a pager to my alarm to be right by my bed on my key chain.

Ok if he had a key how would a person break free the lock to the handlebars?

He wouldn't he was banking on that it wasn't locked......bike is dead because you need to plug in the green plug. Theives look for easy takes not difficult ones.....you were most likely scoped out out. He knew the bike was there and he know's Hayabusa's......consider yourself very lucky.

You got very lucky bud. It's time to lock it down much better than just an alarm, a few more seconds and he would have been out of there! What part of H-town are you in? Im located on the NW side near off 290 near Cypress, TX.

From what I've read it's easy to break the steering lock. He would not have pulled the panel and plug if he couldn't have defeated it. Hope you ID him for police or put him on the ground until they got there. Remember he might have help near by when approaching criminals. They don't mind killing folks now-a-days :whistle:

Good work :thumbsup: .50cal Desert Eagle will definitley do the trick :firing:

Since the plug is unplugged, I doubt any wires were cut. Just plug the green plug back in and you'll have power again.

WOW, You got real lucky.. tell us all the story.. I would say with a 50 cal he would have been on the ground when the cops came... He was seconds from snapping your steering, he already knew how to make the key work cause he knew how to get that plug out.. I always move it from there when i work on customers bikes as a safety thing.. The thief knew busas, and wouldn't be surprised he not right here on this site...

He was about to snap the steering lock it's not that strong. The real question is, how big a hole in his azz did your Desert Eagle make?

Txchaser,

I'm very sorry for the attempted hi-jacking of your ride. While it is sad that the criminal did not get what he came for (a 5gm miniature busa without wheels:laugh:) you're probably better off by not taking him out. Some prosecutor trying to make a name or some family member claiming he was a great community activist, would have caused you trouble for years. I'm glad you baby is still with you and I'm glad that you and your family are safe!!

Back