Please help with this decision!!!

jtjohns

Registered
I've purchased a couple bikes with the help of forum members, but this will be my first busa purchase. I like this bike, but I'm not certain if this is a good price to pay for it. I've spoke with the guy and he won't budge from 8k. Check out the ad if you will and let me know what you think. Your opinions matter because a lot of you already have made similar purchases.

2008 Suzuki Hayabusa, Cincinnati OH - 104552875 - Cycletrader.com

I'm looking to purchase soon. My goal is to be at $7500 for a Gen 2.

Your goal is too low for a Gen II. A nice Gen I but not a Gen II unless its damaged from a wreck. 8k is a GREAT price for that bike with the mods it has. The add says $9700 so you've already talked him down quite a bit. If that were my bike I wouldnt be selling it for a dime less than $8700. 8K is a steal, either raise you price or lower your standards.

I just shot the guy a message and told him I'll come check it out. Just gotta get a buddy to ride down with me.

Hopefully he's not an org member :laugh: When you get a deal like that for $8K you can ride it like you stole it!

I just paid 7500 for an 06 with genII plastics from an 08 and a few mods.
that is one of the best prices I have seen on a genII with no dammage. (and it still has low miles)

The bike is loaded with goodies and looks clean as heck. 8K id a good price. If you're dealing with cash show him 75, be prepared to give him 8. It won't last long friend.

I'm heading to the bank as soon as I get off work to get the money out. Having a hard time getting somebody to ride down there with me. Anybody from the org. live in the cinci area and don't mind tagging along?

LOL, I'm getting there one way or another... I'm just hesitant to go alone with that kind of money, due to all the crazy folks out there. If I go alone, I'll have him meet me in a public place. I should be posting pics tomorrow!

Be sure vin matches title and sticker on frame. also remember suzuki vins start with a letter top to bottom and end with a # When I had shop out by mountain a guy tried to get me to do work on his bike and i checked vin and it was upside down. # at top letters at bottom on a suzuki. I told him go by police dept and have # ran and i'll work on it.. never saw him again..

Dang it... Now ya tell me... I should have known that sh!t anyway, not my first go around. Anyhow, a big boy busa has been added to the garage!!! They guy seemed to be honest and upfront with me. He took his tags off and we went to load the bike on my truck and I got nervous so we backed the bike off and he loaned me his tags and helmet to ride the bike back home. Mailing them back off to him tomorrow. Not gonna lie, I've only ridden Gen1 stock busas... this d@m thing kinda scared me when I only "baby" hit it!!

Just ran to the garage, everything is good!!! One thought though.... I'm gonna have to get a speedo healer due to sprocket work. Any suggestions?

Post pics... You can get a Spedo healer from a few of our sponsers. Check them out, they will give you the best pricing. I got mine from Pashnit Moto...Tims a great guy but so are all of our sponsers.

Back