freshened up my bike

draggin-accord

Registered
hey guys, 1st post here. been using this board for research for awhile but figured since i've got my bike ready for the season i'd post some build pics. i've built several cars & trucks & this is my 1st bike overhaul.

basic time line on my bike.
in the end of 2010, i got the bike as pretty much a stock 04 w/ a silver frame/swinger & few cheesey polished parts. it wasnt my style so i removed/refinished them & blacked everything out.
0f82d2e8.jpg

5456a924.jpg

i rode it like that for last season.

this past winter a bunch of things changed in my life & i needed a focus/to work on something. i wanted a "stock" looking bike that you really wouldnt notice the changes unless you were familar w/ a hayabusa.
i decided i was going to go w/ a roaring toys 240 kit - black factory match wheel & i pc'd arm satin black to match the frame. it did take ALOT of grinding/tweaking, playing w/ spacers to get the wheel centered but it got there. i got it finished & took a few days off w/ my father. he trailered them down to florida & we rode florida for a few days.
72cc877c.jpg

194d09b3.jpg

once back it was time to finish the overhaul for the season. i decided to do a tail swap & paint.
573304b9.jpg

i looked into the swap options & decided greggs was too much & angled too high. i thought about doing my own tubing subframe or thought about milling an alum subframe like greggs at work, but went a different route. i chopped & modified an oem 07-08 gsxr 1000 subframe that i had already purchased as a package from ebay, why not it was just sitting there.
3c85451b.jpg

2cbe248c.jpg

3d6c28b7.jpg

a84b4d25.jpg

tail painted & mounted
34dda3f6.jpg

97944161.jpg

f7cbbdac.jpg

oem gsxr 1000 seat & busa bracket after some loving from a heatgun.
f30e5a13.jpg

crappy pic during wrap @ my interior guys shop
fae70a28.jpg

seat finished (still watching for pass seat to pop up)
02aa6f8c.jpg

3000k hid low + 8000k hid hi
7fd3ced6.jpg

paint prep
ffac75c9.jpg

ready for color
ad439129.jpg

final assemble (there was an accident during final assembly so there is 1 color varation but i'm ready to ride & will just deal w/ it lol)
7c88507d.jpg

8a0c442f.jpg

cea1fcfd.jpg

AWESOME!!! VERY WELL DONE SIR.... I like the angle of that tail conversion vs the bought kit..... :thumbsup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 from across the pond using Forum Runner

I LOVE everything except the exhaust tape. Otherwise, PERFECT!

never really like the tail swaps that most do on the busa's but i have to say you did a very good job on that one..looks great!!!!! Good color choice also...Thumbs up!!!!:thumbsup:

That is amazing sir :welcome: to the oRg. That bike is very well done :thumbsup: Must have been a great distraction. Hope all is well.

Great Skills! I always respect a person who can think outside the box and put there ideas together to make a beautiful piece as you have! Great Job:beerchug:

Back