Lucas oil stabilizer

SuperSaiyan

Registered
Was told to run rotella + half a quart of the Lucas oil stabilizer. Any one else running the Lucas or royal purple oil stabilizers? .. Stuff is super thick

^^^^^^^^
Bad idea. Kinda like drug addiction, first experience is OK, then it becomes dependant and later everything goes South.

And, those marketing and selling it are as crooked as they come.

^^^^^^^^
Bad idea. Kinda like drug addiction, first experience is OK, then it becomes dependant and later everything goes South.

And, those marketing and selling it are as crooked as they come.
Sounds like your not a proponent of it lol... Can you explain alittle more in depth? I've never used the stuff before but apparently its been in the bike since the built motor

I run the stuff in my 04 grand cherokee. Stuff is twice as thick as honey but i also have a small oil leak somewhere I can't find. I am a fan of it but still wouldn't put it in my bikes unless they were being ridden year round.

Sounds like your not a proponent of it lol... Can you explain alittle more in depth? I've never used the stuff before but apparently its been in the bike since the built motor

Google is your friend here, but I will post a link below. Read the part from the Ford Engineer.

I started life with a scholarship from Mercedes Benz and after university worked for them as a design/testing engineer for several years. When the oil additive folks organized a demo and they heard I was going to turn up, the demo was always cancelled. Some of them would run the 4 ball oil test and once they throw their magic lube additive onto the gizmo, it would show superb performance compared to normal oil. My favorite was to get a mechanic go fetch some high pressure diesel oil and outperform their additive. Then explain why neither is necessary. In short, you will end up doing a lot more damage than good. As said before, it compares to drug addiction. You may find a nice power bump on a dyno after adding the additive and then have to redo the motor about 15,000 miles later.

Car Bibles : The Engine Oil Bible : Additives

O man I actually came across this on Google and continued to read 2 hours worth of back and fourth dialogue and links.... I'm still up in the air, for now I'm gonna probably just continue to use only half a quart to 3.5 of rotella
Google is your friend here, but I will post a link below. Read the part from the Ford Engineer.

I started life with a scholarship from Mercedes Benz and after university worked for them as a design/testing engineer for several years. When the oil additive folks organized a demo and they heard I was going to turn up, the demo was always cancelled. Some of them would run the 4 ball oil test and once they throw their magic lube additive onto the gizmo, it would show superb performance compared to normal oil. My favorite was to get a mechanic go fetch some high pressure diesel oil and outperform their additive. Then explain why neither is necessary. In short, you will end up doing a lot more damage than good. As said before, it compares to drug addiction. You may find a nice power bump on a dyno after adding the additive and then have to redo the motor about 15,000 miles later.

Car Bibles : The Engine Oil Bible : Additives

Back