Re-packing Yoshimura RS-3s

03TBUSA

Registered
Hi fellas. Thinking about repacking my dual RS-3s. Just wondering if anybody had any tips on how to DIY.
Also getting levers and brake lines. Any product recommendations or good websites I should check out?
Thanks guys. C YA

leds2.jpg

Yoshimura has repacking videos on their site. If it has 1/4 inch stainless rivets make sure you get a heavy duty rivet gun. You can use aluminum rivets also but the ss rivets look better.

Buy a repack kit specific, good drill bit, gloves, glasses, & everything else as mentioned above. Watch the how to and go at it. :thumbsup:

When I did my R77s the first time, the packing kit came with a full batt of insulation and a cut piece of about 1/3 of a batt. I tried to wrap both pieces and had a hell of a time stuffing it into the can. I figured out the best way is to wrap the full batt around the pipe, stuff it in the can and then take the loose pieces from the cut batt and stuff them into the open areas with a long stick. Worked perfectly. Yoshi says to repack at 7500 and 10000 miles in two different places on their site. After doing it twice I think you can go at least 15-20K before repack on carbon cans and probably more on stainless.

I went by mileage and pushed them to 10K. Carbon cans will brown out if you don't repack them and they get hot. You will also notice a louder tone but it's gradual. When I repacked them the first time the insulation still looked good and had not deteriorated much at all. That's why I thing you are safe to 15K at least and probqably 20K with metal cans.

Back