What type of oil do you use?

Travis England

Registered
I was just wondering what type of oil everyone used and how much they paid per quart...I just recently had my turbo busa built buy a guy that has been racing busa's for years anything from prostreet to funny bikes I asked him what type of oil I should use and he told me to use 20w 50 quakerstate or any automotive oil...so far my 20 dollar oil change is working just fine

right now I'm using the Stock suzuki oil 10-40 during breakin, but after 2 oil changes I and like all my bikes I run Motul 5100 semi synthetic 10-40 and change it at 2500 miles. PS do not put automotive oil of any kind in a motorcycle. Its not designed for the clutch or the tranny. no car oil, no no no

Travis England said:
I was just wondering what type of oil everyone used and how much they paid per quart...I just recently had my turbo busa built buy a guy that has been racing busa's for years anything from prostreet to funny bikes I asked him what type of oil I should use and he told me to use 20w 50 quakerstate or any automotive oil...so far my 20 dollar oil change is working just fine

Travis England said:
My car oil is working just fine in my prostreet bike sorry your spending 15+ per quart for motorcycle oil lol

Travis England said:
Quaker State 10w40 at walmart is 21.99

Question for you. Why ask what oil folks are using then put down their replies???

Been running Amsoil for 5 years and love it. Changed oil and filter Saturday, my local source for Amsoil was fresh out, and I went with Mobile 1 racing 4T. If you don't like it, I don't really care!!

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

I was doing some research and as long and the oil does not say energy conserving then it should not cause your clutch to slip and it also says on the back of the bottle its good for motorcycles...so my everyday busa I have over 17,000 miles on hasn't had the first problem and my turbo busa making some good HP I use mainly for show and drag I have 5,000 without any problems so I would say as long as your pick your favorite oil valvoline, quaker state, mobile one or what ever oil you prefer you could save some big bucks over spending upwards of 13-20 per quart for motorcyle oil at a dealership.

Anybody use Royal Purple or Lucas Synthetic? I use to run Royal Purple in my LS1 in my pick up before I sold it. I've been wondering if it was safe to run in my bike.

And we had gone so long without an oil thread :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

There is a search function :easy:

Trying to get people to use car oil in their bikes? :duh:

I just luv oil threads it almost like talking about politics and religion and even better when someone bashes someone for there opinion when they asked for it:wtf:

I like Wix filters and Honda HP4 10/40

I guess the main thing about oil is that you dont strip out your drain plug and use an oil dropper so can get the exact amount in that the manual states.

Now can we start another thread of what octane do you use and comment that your wasting your money on premium in your GENII because I have ran regular in mine with no problems:poke:

I think a better question would be, "Has anyone had their engine grenade from using a specific brand of oil?"

Now that would end all the oil debates for a few years. :banghead:

Back