who's installed a center stand on their Busa?

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at my instructions and it says to remove bolts for radiator, pull down exhause etc.

If you have done this mod installed a factory center stand please post what was involved. I can't believe I've got to pull the entire exhaust and the radiator??

Some feedback please. Wardie:please:

I had the shop install mine. I don't recall that they had to drop the exhaust, though. Didn't seem to take them that long.

--Wag--

Had shop install mine then I removed it when I switched over to a 4-2-1 system cause there is nowhere for stand to rest on if you do not have a dual exhaust system. Now what I remember is because of the main bolt where your wing originally mounts on the frame you cannot remove the bolt without lowering the exhaust out of the way which means loosing off the rad to have clearance to manipulate the exhaust.

I should mention that they had to remove the belly wing permanently.

--Wag--

I have installed two of them, did not remove the exhaust. It can be done.

Okay Saturday it took a couple of hours to finish the centerstand installation. Afterwards I had a big smile because I wouldn't ever need stands and the like. Cool mod/great improvement. Count on the stand stop bolt to be a pain in the ARSE. Wardie:beerchug:

Anyone got any pictures of the centre stand fitted? Or a scan of the instructions?

Picked up one off of ebay with springs and bolt etc, but no instructions.

Just need to clairfy where the springs mount and what stops the stand?

Wardie - you mention a stop bolt - I don't think I got one of those - what does it look like? I can see where it is supposed to go, I think.

Long bolt broached for an allen head one end. I goes through the centerstand . This the bolt that everyone *****es about. I pulled the left side exhaust pipe and muffler and pryed the exhaust pipe down carefully . Coming from the Beemer world I've always had a centerstand. When your out on a LD run for IBA chances are you could flat. It's nice not to have to do anything other than put the centerstand down. Wardie

I did this mod last night, what a PITA!

To get enough clearance to slide the stand's mounting bolt and stop bolt in place you've gotta drop the exhaust.
(It's your bike but I wouldn't recommend prying it out of the way, you could end up cracking something - Wardie :-( )
To drop the exhaust you have to remove the fairings.
To get to the get to the exhaust bolts at the head you have to loosen and push forward the radiator.
To push forward the radiator you have to remove the horn.

Remember when buttoning it back up to put anti-seize on the bolt threads going into aluminum. You're in for a real treat if you don't!

I don't have pics of the install but here is the finished product.

displayimage.php
displayimage.php

displayimage.php
displayimage.php

Cell phone pics, sorry about the quality.

tlrtone - I don't have a working scanner at home (wife and electronics don't get along well). If you still need them give me a shout and I'll scan them at work and post. In the mean time here is the parts list/diagram.

displayimage.php

Center Stand X 1
Center Stand Spring Hook X 1
Center Stand Stopper Bolt X 1
Center Stand Spacer X 2
Bank Sensor Bolt X 2
Under Cowling Bracket X 1
Center Stand Mounting Bolt X 1
Center Stand Cushion X 1
Center Stand Spring Inner X 1
Center Stand Spring Outer X 1
Nut Center Stand Stopper X 1

Last edited:
I must've got lucky. Only dropped one side and leveraged down one side without cracking anything. I really didn't want to unbolt that stuff if I really didn't have too! Nice job Rusheriv. Wardie

exc911ence - One of the board's sponsors Motorsports Super Center
has them for $99.86, I think I paid $120 at my local dealer.

chrias - It's really hard to say. With the lowered bike you're taking on the full weight of the bikes rear end before the leverage area of the stand can be effective. I clock-in at 170lbs and the bike is stock height, on level ground to get the bike up I guide the stand down until it touches ground then literally stand one footed on it while pulling up on the side grab handle and she'll pop right up. When I wash her I put her in the yard (conserve water) with a 2" X 6" board under the stand. I have to get my son to help because with the board under the stand it changes the leverage point and I can't get her up by myself.

I have a centre stand installed fairly recently, and have got myself a turntable of this type since its easier to move the bike around the garage.

My biggest issue, and its maybe lack of technique, but I have a hard time trying to put the busa on its centre stand on the turn table..!

Have looked at various videos on how to put your bike on its centre stand, but I dont know what im doing wrong, but clearly I am doing something wrong...Do you guys have or are willing to make a short video of how you guys put your busa on its centre stand?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back