Gen 3 Heel guards

Robert 0046

Registered
If any one knows about some nice aftermarket lighter heel guards with another shape that will fit the oem rearsets let us know. For now the only ones i think available are the carbon ones from motocomposites and they have the same shape as the oems. The picture is fot the bike i want them, thank you.

20230528_130257.jpg

Still wayting i know theres people making lighter and nicer parts lets work it lets make money i know we all want to change this ugly ones.

Last year I skinned my stock heel guards for kicks in 3k twill. I never finished them and cleared, got sidetracked so they sat around on the work bench for 6 months and finally cleared them a while back. I like better than stock, but are not lighter.

I think the reason no one makes any different styles of OEM heel guards is due to the style Suzuki decided to use. Bolt holes of the guards is in the middle so any sort decent looking design that we'd like to see or look right. SS4's rearset guards would leave the design wide open to anything though!

I've been wanting to look again at my 3D scan of the stock guards now that I have a decent bit more experience with this 3D stuff. I have the scan with me so may play a little at lunch and see what transpires as it gets modeled. Since I originally scanned the busa heel guards, I've made 2 sets for the MiniGP (stock rearset and Full-Rev), drawn from scratch. 4mm thick for reference and are 100% forged carbon replacement (no skinning). Simple 2pc compression mold just printed out of PLA. They feel ridiclously solid, I'm pretty confident I could redo at 2mm height and be more than strong enough for their use.

2760197594704073805.jpg

PXL_20230619_202936525.jpg

PXL_20230619_212644920.jpg

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

PXL_20230625_154128181.jpg

Jinxed myself, lol. I noticed I was missing one of the skinned heel guards after getting home today, fell off. I know what I did, just barley snugged them as to not let the bolt eat into the clear coat and was going to come back and put washers and snug up. Took about 1k miles and other side was coming loose.

Worked out well for randomly modeling it at lunch, lol. I printed one after work to see how it looked and fitment around rearset was spot on.

I see why Suzuki made it solid, it's ugly behind it. I didn't look very close at the time, but I'm curious if it's possible to cut the mount off the rearset and drill/tap a pair of M6 holes on the stock rearsets more towards the front of them so they'd mount similar to aftermarket like SS4.

PXL_20230704_013523667.jpg

PXL_20230704_013555444.jpg

Robert and anyone else... Since there's no options for stock guards, I'm obviously in need of some now, thinking of a group effort to attempt design some lightweight ones? Since may not go open, could shave weight with pocket design.

I can supply the file to the community. They can upload to a place like Shapeways to get printed in whatever media, color and texture.

Robert and anyone else... Since there's no options for stock guards, I'm obviously in need of some now, thinking of a group effort to attempt design some lightweight ones? Since may not go open, could shave weight with pocket design.

I can supply the file to the community. They can upload to a place like Shapeways to get printed in whatever media, color and texture.
Great idea my email is serrano0046@yahoo.com thank you very much!!!

But you almost have it ready here in this picture its more like getting some lines from the top to the bottom that pass thru where the bolts go and its set i will try to draw something. If we mount the vortex they are see thru too so let me see what i can do.

Screenshot_20230705_191112_Chrome.jpg

The letters Hayabusa must be a little rounded like the surface they are writen on if someone else has any sugestion feel free to add on its getting there nicely

Since the lettering isn't a font, it would be very time consuming to adjust in an arc and even then I don't have the artsy skill to make it look correct/proportional.

I could do a straight line like your sketch, but thought the arc looked a little better even with the straight font.

Since the lettering isn't a font, it would be very time consuming to adjust in an arc and even then I don't have the artsy skill to make it look correct/proportional.

I could do a straight line like your sketch, but thought the arc looked a little better even with the straight font.
Ok no problem its ok like that any other sugestion?

I feel like its missing something any idea?

The few designed I've messed with, I always end up thinking the same thing. I tend to think it's due to the mounting location, if it mounted toward the end like other other heel guards or aftermarket ones for our bikes, it'd be pretty easy.

I keep going back to the solid one, but even that seems eh compared to stock. I can duplicate the stock look with SUZUKI, but would rather something a little more sporty (if that makes sense).

I dont know but in the blue one the bottom part i feel like if something missing it could be lines, holes, triangles im sending you a few other ideas to see if you can incorporate them in the blue design

Screenshot_20230706_162556_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230706_162702_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230706_163545_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230706_164208_eBay.jpg

I dont know but in the blue one the bottom part i feel like if something missing it could be lines, holes, triangles im sending you a few other ideas to see if you can incorporate th
View attachment 1668452

Kinda think something like this may suit the bike.

I never have paid attention when removing the guards, but I wonder if there's a flat area where could drill and tap holes so mounting is in the front

Back