Who Rode Today?

Aaahh yes!
Looks like you boys were up to a bit of 'monkey business' lol . . .
great pics as always Nath, I heard there was over 5000 at the rally, 40 mins queueing for a beer . . I hate to think how long you would queue for a port-a-loo lmao.
A couple of my mates went along, they said it was packed.
I never went . . . it was looking like rain . . ;)

2dae2179-3b40-4823-b47b-fbe0d4033667.JPG

419be527-7094-4a99-915d-d77e65f0479c.JPG

Got in about 140 windy Smiles today thru the Park on 41 and out on 140. Was crowded and had two stops as they were doing downed tree removal. Lots of machinery and logging trucks. As much as it’s a hassle, it’s about damn time! They should be doing this 24/7 until it’s cleaned up. There must be millions of cords of wood on the ground (for extra fuel if it catches fire) and compared to other parks nearby, Yosemite has way more wood on the ground. Here’s some shots in one of my favorite stopping places along the Merced River and some damage outside the park after the last wind storm. Takes a lot of velocity to snap a tree in half and uproot others. No one was in that cabin. :)
388266B2-8AEE-440F-A3E8-25A28E15AC1D.jpeg
B93D1336-6DA7-4BF1-B061-6D6986239B40.jpeg
F5C8EB49-AD18-4AD9-BD2B-199F4760E594.jpeg
1BE185CD-EF6D-4EEC-BE7D-169BE5DD5483.jpeg
E9FCC979-E32E-44E7-86D0-F2A7244419D6.jpeg
25604686-0C8B-4D79-A6F3-22EFC5B9E8CB.jpeg
6B48174D-DE7F-4A2F-B949-1F4A2F62D95F.jpeg
2FFFD697-C418-4028-8ED6-878B530C5DB5.jpeg
08AD031E-0C81-4301-AEE3-F656E2A6C127.jpeg
7B9E9DB6-6844-4BA5-B669-FADEE5B32E15.jpeg
7472DA58-DD6D-4C1B-BDC3-A9F339678C47.jpeg
945976F8-5ACC-4F9B-8753-6A4FBC4C09E8.jpeg
6575BA6B-AC1C-41FE-9BD3-BF4583F45E40.jpeg

2E497FAE-A244-4ED4-9CA6-A57A6AF6DAB0.jpeg

Got in about 140 windy Smiles today thru the Park on 41 and out on 140. Was crowded and had two stops as they were doing downed tree removal. Lots of machinery and logging trucks. As much as it’s a hassle, it’s about damn time! They should be doing this 24/7 until it’s cleaned up. There must be millions of cords of wood on the ground (for extra fuel if it catches fire) and compared to other parks nearby, Yosemite has way more wood on the ground. Here’s some shots in one of my favorite stopping places along the Merced River and some damage outside the park after the last wind storm. Takes a lot of velocity to snap a tree in half and uproot others. No one was in that cabin. :) View attachment 1636345
SOOOOOO incredibly jealous right now

I got out for a ride earlier as it is a beautiful day out and not too hot....

I stopped at a gas station before coming home and I heard a "tuner" car coming in as soon as I shut off the bike...a young guy sporting a reverse ball cap and muscle shirt (minus muscles) came strolling over with his hands in his pockets..

He said "nice bike, who makes it?" I said Suzuki, he said a "Gixxer?" I said nope a Hayabusa, he had never heard of it before.

He said "want to go see what it can do against my car?" I said you have a phone right? take it out and google 2nd generation Suzuki Hayabusa...he did and then said "boy those bikes are fast...a lot faster than my car." I said and that's stock which mine isn't, if I raced you, you'd be a tiny speck fading away in my mirrors so what's the point?

He then was very interested in my bike and I was more than happy to educate him...

I got out for a ride earlier as it is a beautiful day out and not too hot....

I stopped at a gas station before coming home and I heard a "tuner" car coming in as soon as I shut off the bike...a young guy sporting a reverse ball cap and muscle shirt (minus muscles) came strolling over with his hands in his pockets..

He said "nice bike, who makes it?" I said Suzuki, he said a "Gixxer?" I said nope a Hayabusa, he had never heard of it before.

He said "want to go see what it can do against my car?" I said you have a phone right? take it out and google 2nd generation Suzuki Hayabusa...he did and then said "boy those bikes are fast...a lot faster than my car." I said and that's stock which mine isn't, if I raced you, you'd be a tiny speck fading away in my mirrors so what's the point?

He then was very interested in my bike and I was more than happy to educate him...
Love it!
He’s not a bike guy right?
Most young guys are only into dirt bikes if at all... it’s a shame for that generation, they’ll never experience the sheer exhilaration of a Hayabusa or any fast bike for that matter, sad.

I gotta slow down and take more pictures when I ride. All you guys with great pics of cool places. I'm usually so into the ride I just don't wanna pull over. Rode to work today in a mild drizzle, not really photo worthy.
Here’s an idea, when you come across some spectacular scenery, if you’re really enjoying it, pull over and take some shots. You’ll also get the experience of soaking it in without having to concentrate on riding... it’s a win-win!

Here’s an idea, when you come across some spectacular scenery, if you’re really enjoying it, pull over and take some shots. You’ll also get the experience of soaking it in without having to concentrate on riding... it’s a win-win!

Agree completely. Another reason I use part of my tankbag or tailbag as a cooler so I can have a drink or a sandwich (that isn’t warm) while I take in the scenery. Beats the hell out of drinking a soda in a gas station parking lot. I’d rather take a break in the country somewhere.

I got in 185 Smiles today scrubbing in new sprockets, chain and tires on the Z. Despite a cushioned front sprocket like the OEM, now I hear it ‘singing’ as I accelerate or while holding a steady speed. When I got home I lubed the chain just in case it needed it. Will try it again and if it still whines I’ll order an OEM sprocket. This lake is really low
106643B7-8DBD-4910-8348-E46B1CEB31A8.jpeg
eh?

Bike is dirty but had to snap a few pics while out today

View attachment 1636436

View attachment 1636437

View attachment 1636438
I love that when u say your bike was dirty it is all nice and shiny and looking clean as can be. I go thru this all the time with mine when someone tells me how clean it is and I look at them like they're crazy and tell them that she's filthy and they return the crazy look :laugh:. Seems most of us busa owners have a different frame of mind then a lot of riders when it comes to what clean is :thumbsup:

I love that when u say your bike was dirty it is all nice and shiny and looking clean as can be. I go thru this all the time with mine when someone tells me how clean it is and I look at them like they're crazy and tell them that she's filthy and they return the crazy look :laugh:. Seems most of us busa owners have a different frame of mind then a lot of riders when it comes to what clean is :thumbsup:
I've always had a little OCD and kept all my stuff clean. I enjoy taking all the bodywork off my bike and cleaning underneath...even though nobody will see it, I know it's clean.

When I was racing many years ago, I used to detail clean my race bike when most of the others were having naps...maybe the lack of dirt made my bike faster???

I've always had a little OCD and kept all my stuff clean. I enjoy taking all the bodywork off my bike and cleaning underneath...even though nobody will see it, I know it's clean.

When I was racing many years ago, I used to detail clean my race bike when most of the others were having naps...maybe the lack of dirt made my bike faster???
Funny you say that about our making your bike faster, I watched a video from ejr this morning doing their weigh in on some bikes they brought to Michigan and one of them didn't do anything but clean the bike and it was enough to make the bike bounce back and forth to a on less then what it weighed before the cleaning :lol:. And they finally posted a weight for Megatron and they have it down to i believe it was 411:thumbsup:. I hope maybe one day I can do that to mine but for now I'm happy with its weight.

Back