Removing Frame Sliders, Ideas For Covering The Holes?

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
Removing my frame sliders for a number of reasons and am looking for creative ideas on how to cover up or fill the 2" holes they will leave behind in the fairings.

They make a fairing repair epoxy. I don't know what it would allow you to fill the hole nicely though. you could use a piece of abs plastic to fill the hole. Glue that in with the epoxy then sand it all down and paint it. A lot of work honestly. That is one reason I recommend the no cut frame sliders to everyone.

Just curious why are you removing them?

Keep the ideas coming!
They were on the bike when I got it, I'm removing them cause they look like garbage and I've raced enough to know they do more damage then they prevent when a crash occurs. About the only thing they're good for is the gentle tip over at a stand still and even then they provide marginal relief from damage...

Find a decal or something similar to put over the holes. That will save a lot of work and you can put the sliders back on when you come to your senses, Lol!

Maybe find some flush mount turn signals? Stickers that provide HP?

Good ideas guys, still brainstorming but had another idea. Find some mesh screening and with a 2" dowel and some sort of circular tray stamp out a pair of screens that are roughly 1/4" deep, paint them black and insert them from behind the fairing. Will hide it as well as can be and vent some heat too.

Good ideas guys, still brainstorming but had another idea. Find some mesh screening and with a 2" dowel and some sort of circular tray stamp out a pair of screens that are roughly 1/4" deep, paint them black and insert them from behind the fairing. Will hide it as well as can be and vent some heat too.
Sounds like a good idea you could even cut more out and make it look like it came that way

If you wherent commited to completely removing them I wonder if you could shave them flush with the fairing and then paint them same color as the bike?

That's a very interesting idea. Problem is they're hollow (bolt runs through the center of them) so they'd be tough to contour them fill in. I like your thinking though!

Back