Basket Case Progress

reiecco

Registered
Starting a thread per my progress since starting on her

In the beginning

IMG_1614.JPG

Swing-arm inspection

Spoke to Mike today at PPM Custome Cycles. Sent him pictures of what I thought his company made a few years ago and he said the AAA swingarm kit I have went for $4,700 dollars...Hell yeah! :D

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

ordered the axle adjuster covers 2day.

Well, Spiegler sent me the wrong line made 12 inches over. They sent me a line from ABS manifold to master cylinder, made 12 inches over. That was a major screwup. So, last night I tried to make it fit anyway, seeing as how I wanted to get something done. So, I did a roundabout then a loop and installed it. Called them this morning and they're sending out the correct one from ABS manifold to the rear caliper. Here are some pics of the incorrect one that I installed.
On another note, I did get the bike to run last night after about five hours of electrical work.

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

Brakes work, to my surprise, it only took about 5 minutes to bleed the system. I rather the new speaker rear brake line underneath the 12 inch over swingarm 95% of the way. Drilled some holes underneath and used plastic keepers in the holes with stainless steel screws and heavy duty nylon circles to keep it in place.

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

installed upper & lower chain sliders today

got paint back today...looks nice_ _ _ will post pics in a couple days :)

Okay... Finally back after being so busy with work and not able to work on bike until now. Installing new repainted fairings. Completely forgot to order detecti
IMG_20171219_140844.jpg

I've installed what I can without it and piecing together a few cushions and protective tape from old pieces to at least get a start. Here's a peek
I will post on another another thread asking where I can buy all the pieces I need in one lump supply if it's possible.
I've seen a lot of great work by you people here on various threads...
great work!

Okay... Finally back after being so busy with work and not able to work on bike until now. Installing new repainted fairings. Completely forgot to order protection tape and cushions...

I've installed what I can without it and piecing together a few cushions and protective tape from old pieces to at least get a start. Here's a peek
I will post on another another thread asking where I can buy all the pieces I need in one lump supply if it's possible.
I've seen a lot of great work by you people here on various threads...
great work!

Back