Bst Carbon Fiber Wheels For Gen Ii

After seeing the pics, I am truly concerned with your safety running the carbon fiber wheels. I am willing to pay the shipping and you can just send them to me to avoid the temptation. :D

They look great bro.:thumbsup:

Ha! I hear you brother and I appreciate your concern. Funny.

After seeing the pics, I am truly concerned with your safety running the carbon fiber wheels. I am willing to pay the shipping and you can just send them to me to avoid the temptation. :D

They look great bro.:thumbsup:

Just back from another quick ride and I must say she feels different and looks are killer. Here is the side shot you asked for 1WPeel. View attachment 1571941 View attachment 1571942 View attachment 1571943

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but it must be said.... You got a Badass Busa with BST carbon fiber rims $$$ :race: for the love of all things Busa please remove that ugly ass stock mudguard!!!! You can afford BST's you can afford a tidy tail kit...... :poke:

1 Step at a time. I've been over doing it since I purchased Blusa and a few other hobbies as well. I noticed when I put the Pit Bull under her butt that that thing rubbed the old mud flap just a tad as I positioned the stand. So, maybe some research or you suggest the very best tidy tail kit out there? I'm already thinking I was almost done. Here we go again.... I still want chrome screens for the fairings.... diamond cut thumb screws for the seat pins as the Gen I's don't cut it... Carbon Fiber front Fender.... Silver Star Ultra's.... ECU Flash maybe. So, let me know what is the very best kit out there in your honest opinion. I never done that on my Gen I but did cut it about 4" and still looked stock.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but it must be said.... You got a Badass Busa with BST carbon fiber rims $$$ :race: for the love of all things Busa please remove that ugly ass stock mudguard!!!! You can afford BST's you can afford a tidy tail kit...... :poke:

Are the undertail kits just referred to as a Tidy Kit or is that a specific kit "TIDY KIT"? Well, just looked and revzilla has Yoshimura and Looks very nice. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...inator-kit-suzuki-hayabusa-gsx1300r-2008-2015

Yoshimura makes a simpler version of that one as well. Mine didn't come with the plate frame.
20150512_154240.jpg

To help put your mind at ease...I've put 10k moles of 400+ hp on my BST's. Be sure to wipe them down each ride. If any cracks develope the rag will stick. They gpt some bad press from a few failures in vet higj hp and high traction situations. They're damn near impssible to break.

To help put your mind at ease...I've put 10k moles of 400+ hp on my BST's. Be sure to wipe them down each ride. If any cracks develope the rag will stick. They gpt some bad press from a few failures in vet higj hp and high traction situations. They're damn near impssible to break.

Just to put anyone else's mind at ease, I've fitted BST's to all my bikes since 2005 and never had any problems of any description with them, although when I sold my K5 Gixxer 1000 the guy who bought it crashed into the side of a car (sorry mate, I didn't see you accident) and the front wheel smashed to pieces but I don't think an alloy wheel would have fared very well either.

Great info from both you guys and I appreciate it. I've only put a few hundred miles on the bike and really love the look and feel. Currently sold my home and moving to a bigger place. Once I'm in I'll have more garage space and will be riding a bit more but just currently tied up with the move and such.
Just to put anyone else's mind at ease, I've fitted BST's to all my bikes since 2005 and never had any problems of any description with them, although when I sold my K5 Gixxer 1000 the guy who bought it crashed into the side of a car (sorry mate, I didn't see you accident) and the front wheel smashed to pieces but I don't think an alloy wheel would have fared very well either.

Me and my big mouth......:( went out on Sunday and hit quite a shallow pothole while cranked over going round a roundabout, didn't think too much about it at the time. Had a race with a BMW 1000 RR and out dragged it and out top speeded it, much to his surprise lol. Got home feeling pretty good, started cleaning her then noticed the front wheel....wtf I thought, had a closer look and the outer layer had de laminated from the inner wheel. OMG, hitting the pothole had obviously caused it but because the inner wheel hadn't been affected the tire didn't deflate...luckily. The moral of the story is hit a pothole (or anything) with Carbon wheels on and stop immediately and check it out. Now, my dilemma is, do I post this as a separate thread to bring it to the attention of people with BST's on or hope they catch it on this thread.

20170618_190258.jpg

20170618_190303.jpg

20170618_190306.jpg

They wont replace 1 wheel peel, I've already tried, they said any wheel would have suffered the same damage coz I was obviously cranked over when I hit the pothole and I don't think I would be happy with a repair but they have offered to replace the wheel at cost which I've accepted.

Interesting. I've known of guys destroying the wheel in an accident, taking a hack saw cutting the spokes off and sending the Hub back and getting a replacement for cheap that way.

Interesting. I've known of guys destroying the wheel in an accident, taking a hack saw cutting the spokes off and sending the Hub back and getting a replacement for cheap that way.
I am going to try and sue the council for the damage caused by their failure to maintain the road to an adequate standard but it will take a couple of years probably if they accept responsibility. It's quite common in the UK to sue for pothole damage.

I am going to try and sue the council for the damage caused by their failure to maintain the road to an adequate standard but it will take a couple of years probably if they accept responsibility. It's quite common in the UK to sue for pothole damage.

That must be nice. I can't tell you the number of wheels (bike and car) I've damaged over the years from our piss poor roads. We have some of the worst roads in the country. Our tax dollars are obviously not hard at work there.

One of the main reasons I'll never do a cf wheel. It's forged or nothing in these parts.

Wow with the price of those that makes my stomach upset and I didn't even buy them. I hear how they are amazing on what they do for handeling. But are they made for the roads? Or are these made for the track.

Back