Want To Break 200 Mph On Gen1

Thanks . . .

I'm 6' 1" tall,
50 inch chest.

I don't have a belly so I can tuck in pretty good if my ass is back against the hump.

I could drop 20 lbs but I'd rather add more power if possible. Lol . . .

15-20 seconds of spray should be more than enough if I wait to use it until I'm going 180+.

Wasn't aware of a 1.5 mile track but in either case,
I think I will need more room than that with the mods I'm thinking about.

I don't want to spend thousands to do this a few times.

I'm returning the bike to stock after I'm done.

To get your Hayabusa to slip your BIG A$$ past 185 MPH ~ it will need the mirrors removed & you will need to be inside the fairing . . .

MojaveMile2010_0007.jpg

Just knee sliders alone kept my friend Adam from 200 = mph ~ once he got his tuck down & removed the pucks he got 200 & he is way lighter than you .

If you think for one moment that it is cheaper to make power than loosing the weight, your wrong .

Spend your money with Jenny Craig & you'll be much healthier as a side effect . . .

And you'll live to tell your great grand kids about it !

Just making it crystal clear for you.

Red, *<(;{)-

To get your Hayabusa to slip your BIG A$$ past 185 MPH ~ it will need the mirrors removed & you will need to be inside the fairing . . .

View attachment 1573133

Just knee sliders alone kept my friend Adam from 200 = mph ~ once he got his tuck down & removed the pucks he got 200 & he is way lighter than you .

If you think for one moment that it is cheaper to make power than loosing the weight, your wrong .

Spend your money with Jenny Craig & you'll be much healthier as a side effect . . .

Red, *<(;{)-

If I lose more than 20 lbs I'll look silly.. I'm a big guy, not fat.. Now you have me wondering if my shoulders are too wide if knee pucks slow you down. I'll make myself as small as possible but sounds like I may be too big unless I modify the hell out of my bike.. we'll see I guess.

View attachment 1573133

Red, *<(;{)-

Pardon me for not having read the whole thread
before replying, BUT........this all seems a little excessive.

I have some land-speed-racing experience
(If you look at the referenced photo,
you will see my SCOTT GUTHRIE RACING
sticker attached to the red bike......)

I weigh about 200 pounds, and currently hold the record
for the FASTEST STONE-STOCK production motorcycle
timed by an accredited LSR organization.

The official time (average of two runs) was over 192mph,
and was done with a 2000 Hayabusa with NO POWER PLANT CHANGES,

The rules made us remove the mirrors. On my own, I put A ONE (1)
TOOTH LARGER THAN STOCK sprocket on the front.

162 RWHP on a Dynojet 250. NO OTHER CHANGES.
Air cleaner in place, etc. Factory tune, no power commander, etc.

I also owned and campaigned a 2000 Hayabusa
with a stock engine, and nitrous.

Best on that bike was repeatable in the 215-216 mph range.

In 1990, I went over 200mph three(3) times with a
normal aspired 1975 700cc bike, no nitrous,
with original frame, carburetors, original bore and stroke, on street gas.

200 mph is NOT hard, but it helps to be smart,
not waste money on unnecessary modifications,
and learn how to tuck in well.

Pardon me for not having read the whole thread
before replying, BUT........this all seems a little excessive.

I have some land-speed-racing experience
(If you look at the referenced photo,
you will see my SCOTT GUTHRIE RACING
sticker attached to the red bike......)

I weigh about 200 pounds, and currently hold the record
for the FASTEST STONE-STOCK production motorcycle
timed by an accredited LSR organization.

The official time (average of two runs) was over 192mph,
and was done with a 2000 Hayabusa with NO POWER PLANT CHANGES,

The rules made us remove the mirrors. On my own, I put A ONE (1)
TOOTH LARGER THAN STOCK sprocket on the front.

162 RWHP on a Dynojet 250. NO OTHER CHANGES.
Air cleaner in place, etc. Factory tune, no power commander, etc.

I also owned and campaigned a 2000 Hayabusa
with a stock engine, and nitrous.

Best on that bike was repeatable in the 215-216 mph range.

In 1990, I went over 200mph three(3) times with a
normal aspired 1975 700cc bike, no nitrous,
with original frame, carburetors, original bore and stroke, on street gas.

200 mph is NOT hard, but it helps to be smart,
not waste money on unnecessary modifications,
and learn how to tuck in well.

How much nitrous did you have to go 215mph? Right now my bike is stock with the exception of bolt on mufflers and ECU derestricted and dyno tuned. 163 rwhp.

I think we used a 160 horsepower shot.

That's a BUNCH, but the bike was so reliable
we got an entire season out of one (1) set
f spark plugs, and NO repairs.

Instead of enriching with gasoline, we used methanol.
Cooler running, higher octane rating, everything nice.

Using a 200 horse shot was considered, but
we didn't have a dyno on which to tune that much.

Costs about 99% of the money to buy, install, tune and run a 40 shot.

Why not go big, and have something in reserve.......

Lift your ass off the seat a touch as you near top speed and the extra push you get from doing that alone will give you at least another 3/4 mph. It feels like Gods hand is giving you a push lol. :laugh::race:

Have you thought about a turbo kit? I myself am not a fan of nitrous. My 2001 isn't stretched, I'm 18/38, I had heads up performance back in the day lower the compression, it was dynoed not that long ago at Dynojet here in Vegas. On a mix of 91 and 100 octane ( don't ask), 15 lbs of boost, I hit 285rwhp. Now that I'm running 100% 100 octane and a wideband I want to have it re-dynoed before going to E85.

Turbo is certainly an easy way to go,
since - if you stay under about 250hp,
and maybe 15 pounds of boost - there
are no internal engine modifications,
and the engine doesn't have to
be taken out of the frame.

Should be good for 215-220 mph.

You can sell the turbo system later to
recover some of the costs,
and put the back to stock
for pleasure riding or resale..............

Smokey,

Biggest problem for us bigger framed people is AERODYNAMICS! All the power in the world won't help much without great aero. Weight isn't really a problem especially if you've got 2-3 miles+ to do your runs since many high power bikes actually ADD weight to put the power down depending on the surface.

If you can get your tuck down and do some test runs to baseline, you probably aren't as far off as you think. Get a good GPS mounted and start doing some testing to see where you are before spending a bunch of money. Even with your size, you should be able to pull 182-190mph with very little if any modifications and GREAT weather. From experience I can tell you the factory header is a big restriction if you are staying all motor or want to add a small shot of n2o. Feel free to PM me with any questions, I don't get on here much anymore but would be glad to text you if you decide to continue your goal.

Good luck and be safe!

Josh

where are all the videos after all this talk? I wanna see the repeated 185 mph runs on the street... in the "perfect spot".. is the kid still alive? holding that busa WIDE OPEN for 4 or five miles.... experts please... don't encourage the kid... smh...

View attachment 1573133

Red, *<(;{)-
red.. hes gonna hold it wide open on the spray for 4 or five miles.... I wanna see the motor scatter... smh

really though... he takes up people time and people give all well thought out answers... then disappears... When he said... after I do 200 mph I'm gonna go back to stock... I should have known... these type posts drive me nuts... no ending.

Back