Put My New Seat To The Test Today

Tb3

Registered
I remember back when I signed up and just got my busa I said I actually liked the stock seat. Well, I quickly learned that its ok for short hops, but on it all day maketh my rear very sore :moon:
so I recently sent off to ballz and had them do their magic. I just spent the whole day on the busa and I have no sore butt whatsoever :super:
I'm not gonna say that it didn't still felt good to stand up and stretch when I made my stops, but, no sore butt.
thank you ballz and this forum for turning me onto them!

:bowdown:

DSCN2872.JPG

Last edited:
Nice!! A must do mod for me one day...lol. What was the cost if you don't mind me asking

Thanks guys! Was $275. I sent my stock seats to them. I had them leave the kanji logo off the pass seat, and the driver seat logo changed to white instead of chrome.

Can't say for sure but possibly they send them off to Lee at New Image(as far as I know he was the originator of this mod,even back in the day when they were called "Tobin" seats they were actually done by Lee).I had one on my Gen I for three years and have one now on my Gen II(since 2011),super comfy and set you down into the bike rather than being perched on top of it(and knocks about 1"-1.5" off of the stock seat height).

http://newimageseats.com/

TB; What were the pros and cons that made Ballz the choice for you? Looks great BTW

I can't give one single negative about the seat, but I haven't had it very long either. After a year or so maybe I'll be able to find a negative.
I believe piratedivejeff is correct about them actually being the work of New Image. I'm sure many on here could verify. The shipping address of where I sent the seat was differant than the ballz address. I did not know that but don't care. For no more the price, I don't see how ballz could be making much at all for helping them sell their seats. I liked that the ballz website had so many differant designs and the prices where listed right there.
I found them by doing searches here. Had lots of positive feedback about how they sit you lower into the bike and the foam comfort, etc...but I figure most any aftermarket seat would be similiar features in that department.
What really sold me on wanting to try out the seat was it was the only one I have seen that has that "bump" or "edge" part on the back of the seat.
I am having fun learning to lean my busa and one of the tips I read was to put yourself far up as possible to the front forks. Even at 6'1, there is almost 2 inches from the front of the pass seat and the back of my butt. I know its probably all in my head, but I didn't like that "falling off" feeling, especially when I rip the throttle. that little "bump" in the new seat is placed just right to make me feel like I'm sitting down into the bike like a comfortable saddle feeling. That little bump is not super hard but it does give some support to keep me positioned in the seat when I'm making the front end light.
Like most of us I've made purchases in the past and wasn't all that impressed after I tried it out, but this one is one I certainly am having no regrets about.
When you order they will take your height measurements, pant size, and all that jazz.
turn around time was litterally one day.
Hope that answers some questions for you. :beerchug:

did they add something to the seat. Because i have rode a friends bike with the same seat and my bottom did not agree with the shaved seat.

did they add something to the seat. Because i have rode a friends bike with the same seat and my bottom did not agree with the shaved seat.

Honestly I don't even know. Because of the hump, I'm assuming they did. You could email or call them and ask. Nice people to talk to

I remember back when I signed up and just got my busa I said I actually liked the stock seat. Well, I quickly learned that its ok for short hops, but on it all day maketh my rear very sore :moon:
so I recently sent off to ballz and had them do their magic. I just spent the whole day on the busa and I have no sore butt whatsoever :super:
I'm not gonna say that it didn't still felt good to stand up and stretch when I made my stops, but, no sore butt.
thank you ballz and this forum for turning me onto them!

:bowdown:

View attachment 1572416

Look great tb3, I especially like the pilots seats because I'm constantly sliding back on mine as I accelerate until my butt hits the rear cowl (I don't carry pillions coz no one will go on the back of me lol, not since my Son moved to the USA anyway :laugh:) :thumbsup::race:

Look great tb3, I especially like the pilots seats because I'm constantly sliding back on mine as I accelerate until my butt hits the rear cowl (I don't carry pillions coz no one will go on the back of me lol, not since my Son moved to the USA anyway :laugh:) :thumbsup::race:

I've never even rode with my cowl on.
I guess i would throw it on if I ever practice clutch wheelies. But I just don't forsee me ever doing that on this bike:beerchug:

Back