Those who went from a Busa to a B-King, any regrets?

lightning-maintenance-parts-hand-guard-wind-deflector_000.jpg

:laugh:

Which should i get guys?

1. Heated grips
2. Heated gloves
3. Hand guards

Have an 05 Busa and a B-King, love both but it came down to choosing 1 hands down the Gen I would have to go. I think a lot depends on personal preference. I've got some bad knees and like to ride pretty aggressive so the King just feels much better having a little more leg room and a more comfortable position. If you have any specific questions feel free to hit me up

I do some pretty long trips with my better half. How does the King treat passengers? She's fairly comfortable on the Busa, but I've been feeling like changing it up some and have always liked the look of the King.

Love my B-King but passengers don't. The riding position is very simular to the GSXR1k where the passenger sits much higher than the operator.

Love my B-King but passengers don't. The riding position is very simular to the GSXR1k where the passenger sits much higher than the operator.

+1, but the seat is level with the ground, as opposed to slanting forward into the driver.
That's alot better than the gsxrs.

I have a bit modified B-King[bought it new]. I love the bike around town and quick spurts, but not having the fairings makes long hi-way and top-end blasts uncomfortable. I bought a ZZR1200 for longer rides, but wouldn't trade the B-king away. I also just picked up a 1999 Busa, as a collector's piece. Around town, the King is much more comfy, and has PLENTY of power.

2ppitcw.jpg

I've been seriously considering getting rid of my 08 gen2 for a B-King for a few years.
Came close a couple times, may even still for the right deal.
Never had a chance to ride a B-King, but sat on a couple.
Felt alot more comfortable to me personally.
Aside from a small difference in valve sizes, it's the same engine.
Turn off the restrictions on either and they are a little faster and alot more agressive(wonderful).
B-King fork is supposedly not as good as the gen2's either, but an easy swap.
You give up aerodynamics and wind protection for a more upright seating position.
I'de love to swap my gen2 for a B-King for a short or long ride anytime.

There is no difference in valve sizes, the engines are 100% mechanically the same(B-King upper airbox is around 20% smaller and has no ram air).
I made this post after reading a magazine article that stated the B-King had smaller valves, which I later found to be incorrect.
Sorry for the disinformation.
I also ended up trading my gen2 for a B-King and had no regrets.
I sold the B-king a few weeks ago to free up some cash.
I'de buy another for the right price once I can afford another bike.

Love my King. Had it since late 07.
Lots of fun but it has its faults.
Coming from a new 04 Busa and a second hand 02 Busa and a naked Busa streetfighter,
the King has a poor 16.5 later tank, is awful for pillions, lacks leg room for tall folk,
isn't great for luggage, is slightly longer and heavier than its faired little sister the Gen2.

Why keep it 6 years. As a solo riders bike for 1 day rides around the mountains and dams
it does just fine. Runs similar low 10's out of the crate to a Busa and suits my old aching bones.

My Mrs hates it so I bought a GSX14 for touring / cruising. Better comfort, torque and luggage
than either my Busa or B-King.

Would I do the same again ?
YES, but only because its not my only bike and because it suits me personally.
I have a few friends who have sold theirs and moved on.

I have an 04LE, an 03 TLR and an 08 BK. Right now I like riding the king the best. I was rear ended on the highway a few years ago and have 4 bulging disks. The only thing I don't like is that I can't use a tank bag with the king. The TLR just plain scares the cagers when I give it full throttle with my Yosh full system though. I'm actually pondering selling the busa and the TLR and getting a KTM RC8. If you've never owned a big twin you should try one out. Torque, torque and more torque.

Bill

I have an 04LE, an 03 TLR and an 08 BK. Right now I like riding the king the best. I was rear ended on the highway a few years ago and have 4 bulging disks. The only thing I don't like is that I can't use a tank bag with the king. The TLR just plain scares the cagers when I give it full throttle with my Yosh full system though. I'm actually pondering selling the busa and the TLR and getting a KTM RC8. If you've never owned a big twin you should try one out. Torque, torque and more torque.

Bill

I love the TL's, and am considering one as my next bike, that or another gsxr1000.
The 2 are night and day, but I like riding both.
I really liked my Bking too, but after having it and a gen2 Busa for almost 5 years combined, I'm ready to go back to a lighter bike.
Probably another gsxr1000, but I've always wanted a TL and haven't ridden one in many years.
Post some pics of your bikes.

Bill
Ran with an RC8 at the track and really dug the look and sound of that machine.:beerchug:

I love them both, however I do miss my Busa. King obviously has the comfy riding position around town and you can throw it around corners. But I was quicker and lower on corners on the busa, I guess this is the position. Do feel like I could pull the Bking out of trouble easier tho. On long journeys my arse goes dead quicker on the Bking. The reason I got it was to slow down and try something different. It's responsive and you have great feedback from the ride. I get too uncomfortable to go much over 175 mph so I'm not sure of the top end. It gets there quick enough, but my Busa felt like it was controlled by my mind, you actually ride the Bking (its a pleasure). It brakes better than my busa did. Overall i prefered the busa but I do not regret the Bking at all. If i could id have both. Things can get silly on the busa when you keep setting yourself new challenges so to swap style for a while might save your life. I could be strict with myself but when you hear the pur of the busa then its scream at high speeds, how could anyone resist?

I love them both, however I do miss my Busa. King obviously has the comfy riding position around town and you can throw it around corners. But I was quicker and lower on corners on the busa, I guess this is the position. Do feel like I could pull the Bking out of trouble easier tho. On long journeys my arse goes dead quicker on the Bking. The reason I got it was to slow down and try something different. It's responsive and you have great feedback from the ride. I get too uncomfortable to go much over 175 mph so I'm not sure of the top end. It gets there quick enough, but my Busa felt like it was controlled by my mind, you actually ride the Bking (its a pleasure). It brakes better than my busa did. Overall i prefered the busa but I do not regret the Bking at all. If i could id have both. Things can get silly on the busa when you keep setting yourself new challenges so to swap style for a while might save your life. I could be strict with myself but when you hear the pur of the busa then its scream at high speeds, how could anyone resist?

Have the ecu flashed to an unrestricted busa.
Do the ram air mod
remove cables from midpipe valve (spring holds valve in most open position).
Night and day difference!

Back